• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks for the responses all, not sure why i was getting the scheduled listings options for free until now.

one other question. anybody have a suggestion on recommended credit card for thrifting/expense use? thinking of opening a business only card and link it up directly with the godaddy ebay app.
Using PayPal CC makes a lot of sense. I use it for all thrift related purchases and even my travel when I do a road trip to thrift.

All tracked in GoDaddy.

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
quick search and found this low res image:

rossetti_784x0.jpg

Pierson v Post

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks for the responses all, not sure why i was getting the scheduled listings options for free until now.

I had the same experience as you. I used to always list items at a scheduled start time with no fee. A few months ago I upgraded to a Store. Now I pay $0.10 to schedule listings. It must be the Store vs. the regular seller account.

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, after 14 years on eBay it's finally happened...my first ever SNAD/INAD case against me. Item was a BNWT overcoat.

Buyer:
  • Joined on date of sale
  • Located in a different country to me
  • 0 feedback
  • Different payment name on Paypal to delivery name
  • Claims item was not BNWT and "covered in stains"
  • Claims I never responded to messages when every message was responded to promptly
  • Opened SNAD/INAD case immediately upon receipt of item without communicating with me
  • Slightly different delivery address spelling to actual correct delivery address supplied by google maps
  • Claims package was damaged in transit, although signed for package on delivery of goods
  • Hasn't (so far) supplied anything to support these claims
I've spoken with eBay at length about my concerns and their response was effectively "call back in a few days".

Buyer wants a full refund but this is a 100% scam. I don't want to give back the money as I'm incredibly sure I'll be out of both that and my product.

Any ideas as to what I should do?

Seriously, I'm speechless. I thought they'd at least ask my side of the story? What do I do now?

Screen Shot 2017-05-23 at 04.07.43.png

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That really sucks. This may be a long shot, but if he does return a different garment to you, then take pics and see what eBay does. Either way though, terrible result. Which item was it?

tgaith77

Reaction score
So, buyer wants to return this item. Says color is too light and its too small...(photographed well, measurements/ return policy clearly listed)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BILLY-REID-...y-Cotton-Mens-Shirt-Medium-/201914148802?rd=1

Me: Sorry about your experience. Was there a problem with the photos or the measurements in the listing?
Him: Not, sure but its too light and too small, please provide return details.

Historically, I politely restate my return policy, responsiblities as a buyer/seller, they complain further, we go back and forth, until I finally relent and accept the return. It seems though people here have a pretty good track record of calling ebay to get this squashed. Could someone outline the steps here? Do I proceed any further with him? Wait for him to open a case? Thought I'd ask the question here first while I'm early in the process. I've been selling for around 15 years, so while I'm not new to annoying buyers, I've not ever called ebay directly.

Tweets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guy bought a suit and then after the fact asks for the "across knee measurement", that one is a first for me. After I give it to him, he tells me its not the narrow leg he was looking for and to cancel his bid...umm I don't think so, you can take your unpaid item strike.

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
eBay even sided with the buyer when this is the evidence he produced. Mine obviously the BNWT PRL one, his a Lauren RL awful coat. Honestly!

After one hour on the phone I have had the decision overturned, thank god, but the original decision was a shocker. I received a payment direct from eBay so I'm not sure whether this guy has kept the coat and also got a refund or...

Anyway, one for your block list: niklabroma0

Screen Shot 2017-05-25 at 12.07.51.png

DSC_5882.jpg

Last edited:

Spruce Moose

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm happy you got your money back and eBay stepped up. I guess from their side it is difficult to determine who is the liar but your record on eBay should be taken into account.

Is it worth a police report?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 38.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 29 18.5%

Forum statistics

Threads