• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jerms24k

Reaction score

Quote:Bunch of reasons:

• MUCH MUCH MUCH brighter!! Like many many times brighter.
  • Cooler (after 100 or 500 photos sitting under those "hot lights" can be horrible)
  • Can shoot mid-day with the windows wide open and sunlight coming in and it does not change the photos (strobes are stronger then sunlight)
  • Backlight flash for a pure white background
Also, more consistent color cast and better control over light output. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

masaccio

Reaction score
Hmmm, I don't think so. He has 5 of them...

Given how upset some sellers seem to get with "lowball" offers, perhaps the seller blocked you because s/he was offended by your first offer. Would seem absolutely silly to me, but when I saw the screenshot you posted it seemed like it was indicating that you'd been blocked from bidding on the item, where you hadn't been previously.

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

WTF, I am trying to buy something for my wife. I made an offer and it was auto rejected. I then made a little higher one and received this message: I have never purchased from this seller, so not sure what this is about.
Could it be a new seller? They could have their buyer requirements set all wonky. Send them a note.

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Given how upset some sellers seem to get with "lowball" offers, perhaps the seller blocked you because s/he was offended by your first offer. Would seem absolutely silly to me, but when I saw the screenshot you posted it seemed like it was indicating that you'd been blocked from bidding on the item, where you hadn't been previously.

I don't think so, it was selling for $789 and I offered $745

Could it be a new seller? They could have their buyer requirements set all wonky. Send them a note.
Nope 1000+ feedback, I will go with a note.

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is this item???

Pretzel warmer for my wife (She runs the concessions stand for the PTO at my sons middle school).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360531273007?_trksid=p2060353.m2763.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I just went back and tried an offer and it let me make one for $755 (which he auto declined??? WTF that is 4.4% off your selling price WTF do you even have best offer for?).

I then tried $765 with my last offer and got the same message as earlier and it shows I still have 1 offer left.

masaccio

Reaction score
I don't think so, it was selling for $789 and I offered $745

Nope 1000+ feedback, I will go with a note.

Hmmm. Yeah, there isn't any world where a 5% discount is a lowball offer.

Put This On has a concessions stand at your kid's school? Amazing.

rotflmao.gif

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Yep they wrote a book about it as well. Has chapters by Spoo and Capnwes.
this is a full time hustle now. you've been away for awhile, maybe you haven't heard. [VIDEO][/VIDEO]

MJMcRibb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wait... You guys pay taxes on eBay sales?
cry.gif

edit: Just kidding. Already filed. Uncle Sam gave me a swift kick in Menards.
Was tempted to buy a Menards hat that I saw today in Savers, but I didn't. Turns out I was even to lazy to walk 10ft and snap a pic since I was already in line to check out.

AlexJ1100

Reaction score
Has anyone cancelled a bid simply because the bidder has no feedback/history on their account? I think I'd like to cancel a current bid on the Rolex auction as the buyer has no feedback/no history, and honestly I'd prefer to go to the prior bidder (who has over 1700, 100% positive feedback) just to avoid potential headaches.

Does anyone know if it's against eBay policy to cancel a bid for that reason (bidder having no feedback)? I checked and it provides the following "examples of legitimate bid cancellations":

The bidder contacts you to back out of the auction.
You are unable to verify the bidder's identity, after trying all reasonable means of contact.
You want to end your listing early because your item is no longer available for sale. In this case you must cancel all bids on your listing before ending it.

Slight variation on this question.

I just had someone "Buy-It-Now" on a Fender Guitar Hard Shell case from me. No feedback, "User Since 2016, and they paid $60 in shipping. They paid immediately, but I've got a bad feeling I could end up getting screwed on it and don't want to pay shipping both ways (if they try claiming not as described) for someone who has no history on eBay. It's an older case from the 80's and has numerous scuffs and scratches, but could easily see him claiming "not as described", even though I took adequate pics and explained the condition. It is compounded by the fact that their actual name (says "Sage Man") is not on the shipping address, which goes to a PO Box.

Thoughts?

Edit: Nevermind, I've gone ahead and canceled. Someone else contacted me about this case, asking odd questions and expressing interest in buying it. Then, the buyer's account that was used to purchase was set up TODAY and the linked PayPal account matches the eBay account of the person who originally contacted me asking for some more info. I've reported both accounts and I'd recommend blocking.

CAS9960406 - original person who contacted me
masacas-d74ltm6qya - dummy account they set up today

Last edited:

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What is this pattern?
Probably not the response you were looking for, but when I list patterns like that I don't spend a lot of time trying to determine the official name. Some posters here do, so to each his own. If it isn't obvious to me, then there aren't enough buyers searching for that specific pattern for me to care (as a general rule of thumb). I would use each color in the description and include some other describers like "finely woven, intricate" etc.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DanieSmerth