• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reosymes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd use 'micro-check' and/or basketweave. 'Textured' too in the title/description. Agree with what suited said. Even if you did find the exact weave, you're only narrowing your traffic to the listing if the term is somewhat esoteric. So, no matter what, 'check' should probably figure in there somewhere.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is this pattern?

puppytooth. you could even add 'variegated' or some such since it has that subtle striping in the twill.

Probably not the response you were looking for, but when I list patterns like that I don't spend a lot of time trying to determine the official name. Some posters here do, so to each his own. If it isn't obvious to me, then there aren't enough buyers searching for that specific pattern for me to care (as a general rule of thumb). I would use each color in the description and include some other describers like "finely woven, intricate" etc.

it's a funny outlook to think that if it isn't immediately obvious then it's not worth the time to try to understand it.

I'd use 'micro-check' and/or basketweave. 'Textured' too in the title/description. Agree with what suited said. Even if you did find the exact weave, you're only narrowing your traffic to the listing if the term is somewhat esoteric. So, no matter what, 'check' should probably figure in there somewhere.

it's not really that esoteric. btw, basketweave is a plain weave while op is showing a twill. i wouldn't bother typing that but the truth is that the two are so distinct as to be mutually exclusive.

Versace Guy

Reaction score
I used the title "multi shade grey black silk tie - 3.50" " in one of my generic ties. It sold in one day

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anybody had any success in finding a package filling a USPS "missing mail" claim? I shipped a tie to a buyer that says delivered, but he says he never got it. He thinks his mail carrier delivered it to the wrong box at his apartment. He's checked his apartment office, their mail room, and left a note with the mail carrier. Anybody got any suggestions I can pass on to the buyer that might help him get the package? I've already filed the missing mail claim, but have not heard anything back from USPS.

From what I've read, I would most likely win if he opens a case against me. I'd like for the buyer get the tie or give him a refund(without it coming out of my pocket). Unfortunately, I didn't get insurance since I've never had any issues with USPS in the past 6 years I've been selling. Lesson learned. Everything I ship in the future will be insured.

Thanks.

@datsunfan you've saved a ton of money by not insuring everything thus far, so you could continue to self-insure and pay a refund yourself (with the money you've saved) it happens again. With obvious exceptions - items you wouldn't want to shell out for if they go missing (figure your personal threshold and insure stuff over that amount), fragile items, etc. I believe USPS provides automatic $50 coverage for all priority shipments.

^^This. After a few thousand eBay transactions, I don't think I can remember ever having to come out of pocket for a lost item. I think the last time I had a borrower claim they didn't receive something that was showing as delivered, eBay reimbursed the buyer.

I had someone claim they never received a package that showed it was delivered by USPS. A few days later they "found" it sitting on their front porch (apparently they only enter the house through the garage, and never thought to check by the front door).
If it shows "delivered" you have no worries.

Today (well technically yesterday since its past midnight here), I got a USPS package that was not mine. Right #, but its for a house the next street over. This has happened MULTIPLE times with regular mail (letters), and I've informed the postmaster about it in the past (TWICE). He looked at me with glazed eyes and said he'd look into it. I'm sure it only happens when my regular mail carrier has the day off, and its a substitute. This is the first time its happened with a package big enough I know the letter carrier didn't do it.

Any way, I can see by the label its an eBay item. Whats the best way for me to proceed so NO ONE gets screwed. In other words, I'm assuming the seller is showing delivered and the buyers is going to say he never got it.

Should I inform eBay? (Will they even give a F***?)
Should I walk it over to the guy's house? (Doubt he would do that for me.)
Just take it to the post office? (I'd like to impale it to the postmasters chest with an letter opener.)

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

it's a funny outlook to think that if it isn't immediately obvious then it's not worth the time to try to understand it. 

When applied to everything in life, yes, you're correct - but I thought it was obvious that we were talking about a very specific context here.

Last edited:

dad2bandm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today, I've had my first Ebay "case" opened against me.

Probably should have saw that coming, as it was some dude in Mexico. Low dollar item (shirt). I didn't want to write off Mexico entirely, but I guess I should have. He bought shirt. I messaged them giving him shipping options, which of course, tracking was ridiculously high. So they didn't pick that. (no communication from them, they just picked option). But then didn't pay anyway...so a non-payment "case" was opened At the last minute, they paid for it. So I felt I needed to follow-up and ship to them.

This was back Apr. 28th.

Today, they have opened a case against me:

"Buyer requested
A refund
Comments
i need my money please"

Figures. I'm going to message him, and see if they respond with anything I can use. Like ask him, if the address info he provided is correct, or has changed. Remind them I shipped this out at end of Apr., so wondering why I didn't hear anything back from them, on my messages to them.

Any other suggestions?

dad2bandm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I won't send anything to South America or Mexico. Not worth the headaches.

Also, don't give anyone an option to not have tracking.

Yeah, probably good idea. I haven't had an issue before, but if an issue pops up, seems like it would come from Mexico.

masaccio

Reaction score
Today (well technically yesterday since its past midnight here), I got a USPS package that was not mine. Right #, but its for a house the next street over. This has happened MULTIPLE times with regular mail (letters), and I've informed the postmaster about it in the past (TWICE). He looked at me with glazed eyes and said he'd look into it. I'm sure it only happens when my regular mail carrier has the day off, and its a substitute. This is the first time its happened with a package big enough I know the letter carrier didn't do it.

Any way, I can see by the label its an eBay item. Whats the best way for me to proceed so NO ONE gets screwed. In other words, I'm assuming the seller is showing delivered and the buyers is going to say he never got it.

Should I inform eBay? (Will they even give a F***?)
Should I walk it over to the guy's house? (Doubt he would do that for me.)
Just take it to the post office? (I'd like to impale it to the postmasters chest with an letter opener.)

This is what I would do, regardless of whether or not I thought the neighbor might do the same for me.

Golden Rule: Do unto others what you would have them do unto you.

dad2bandm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there any time-period limit, that even if tracking wasn't used, that Ebay would say "customer waited too long to open a not received case"?

In this case, item was shipped to them Apr. 28th. Case was just opened today (June 17).

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is there any time-period limit, that even if tracking wasn't used, that Ebay would say "customer waited too long to open a not received case"?

In this case, item was shipped to them Apr. 28th.  Case was just opened today (June 17). 

My only experience was someone opening a return case after 30+ days. I called ebay and they said I could deny it and not get negative feedback...but it showed as delivered over 30 days ago. Since you don't have tracking, I'd call ebay.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DanieSmerth