• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hard to say, I have a team of people who work for me - someone measures all week, someone shoots all week, and I author, fine tune, and put humpty dumpty together all week. Probably north of 60 hours cumulatively though.

I feel better now.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speaking of teams of people... My wife helped me out with shipping this afternoon. We packaged and shipped 43 items mostly from auctions that ended yesterday. I'm changing all my older listings to auctions bit by bit. Another 200+ items are going to auction this weekend to end next weekend. Good times! I've shipped 50 sales since Friday morning.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thrift brag, $5.99

Pierson v Post

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of teams of people... My wife helped me out with shipping this afternoon. We packaged and shipped 43 items mostly from auctions that ended yesterday. I'm changing all my older listings to auctions bit by bit. Another 200+ items are going to auction this weekend to end next weekend. Good times! I've shipped 50 sales since Friday morning.

@Fueco Are you seeing better results with Auctions compared to Buy It Now? (Higher prices, more sales?).

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Fueco Are you seeing better results with Auctions compared to Buy It Now? (Higher prices, more sales?).

This is the first weekend of results, so I'm not really sure yet. Ask me in a month. I'm slowly transitioning most all of my non-consignment stuff to auction format. My results in the past would suggest that I do better with auctions in terms of sheer volume of sales.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's a little bizzare to me. I just had an item that failed to sell 3x at auction. (One of them was a non-paying buyer.) I relisted BINOBO ~30% higher to give head room for offers, and it sold for my asking price in less than 24 hours. Baffles the mind.

This week, I'm auctioning a BINOBO item that I didn't get any offers on in 30 days. St. John skirt suit. Not even a lowball. We will see how it goes.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Called eBay yet again (4th call), and the skinny is:
eBay refunded the buyer the full amount of $109.99. Since I already zeroed-out my PayPal account, they want me to xfer funds back into PayPal.
So, the buyer has the item as well as a refund from eBay, which eBay in turn will extract from me. If I don't have the funds in PayPal, they will add it to my monthly statement and get it that way.
The eBay rep said when they did away with hassle-free shipping, they also did away with any sort of eBay seller protections or coverage for this sort of issue (I didn't know they did away with hassle-free shipping, since I never used it).
eBay said that the tracking # from the buyer, showing that "something" has been sent to me and delivered, was sufficient proof that they returned the item.
They also said that the photos I uploaded, showing the item that was returned to me was different than what I sold, was not enough proof. The buyer would have to admit that they sent a different item back, and I have 30 days to somehow trick the buyer into admitting it - and if they did admit it - then the case would be reversed in my favor. I doubt a buyer who got to keep the item as well as get a refund is gonna admit to it...

So, yep, I got fucked on this one. The upside is that in my nearly 16 years on eBay, this is the first time it's happened.

Nonetheless, with eBay going to 30-day returns in order to keep TRS, I might just switch to a no return policy on everything.

Filed an IC3 complaint as well as a USPS mail fraud complaint...just because you should if you intend to claim it as a loss on your taxes, which I will. Maybe something will come from it, probably not. But it's on record. It was "only" $109.99, though with the refund that eBay will force me to pay it's $219.98 that I will be out in goods and money, and I refuse to take it passively. Will be calling their local police dept tomorrow as well, just for good measure. I refuse to be fucked.

jamesmkeart

Reaction score
@TheNeedMachine

It's bs. I used to buy and sell a lot of magic the gathering cards on eBay and heard tons of horror stories of people getting empty envelopes, or photo copies, sent to them and not being able to get eBay to do anything because they had a delivered item and couldn't prove the cards weren't sent.

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not the craziest flip brags, but a trip to the jersey section last week basically yielded a dinner out for me and my wife this week.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads