• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

yanger87

Reaction score
Need a little help with this one, anyone translate. Confusing as its very recent DAKS. Feels like cashmere, Measures out to approx 42 S

really strange tag. my korean is far from perfect, but it says 100% wool outside, 55% polyester/45% rayon inside. right underneath the 100% wool part, it does say 10% cashmere, but i have no idea where or how that adds up. at best, it might be a wool/cashmere blend.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, I got it back. Not sure, though, whether to re-list. I would do well to lose 20 pounds and wear it myself. It is actually pretty cool.

every chance the mets go all the way... my unsolicited advice is to wait until The Series, and if it looks like the mets are gonna pull it off, re-list and cash in. just make sure whoever buys it has a chance to receive it before the parade.

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

yanger87

Reaction score
can anyone point me to a thread or post about taking photos, specifically with lighting? i have a small set-up at home, but the lighting in particular is really awful. some shots are perfectly clear and white but others have a lot of bleeding or other colors mixed in like blue or yellow. i'm not expecting professional photos since i have 0 experience, am using an iphone and take photos in my basement, but was wondering if anyone had any tips for a noob.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

can anyone point me to a thread or post about taking photos, specifically with lighting?  i have a small set-up at home, but the lighting in particular is really awful.  some shots are perfectly clear and white but others have a lot of bleeding or other colors mixed in like blue or yellow.  i'm not expecting professional photos since i have 0 experience, am using an iphone and take photos in my basement, but was wondering if anyone had any tips for a noob.

It's been discussed in this very thread a couple of times...can't direct you to a specific post but some thread searching (using a computer, because the search works better that way vs. phone) should turn up results.

pnutpug

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you say that you used a tape measure? Hope you meant a tailor's tape as opposed to a carpenter's tape measure.

I don't think that there is anything you can do about this. eBay reps aren't likely to know anything about measuring garments, so explaining it to them won't help. I say that I don't take returns, but I do--it's the only way to avoid negative feedback, and getting negative feedback removed is difficult. I'd say one in 50 items gets returned. It's a PITA, but it is, really, a part of doing business on eBay. Grin and bear it, block the buyer and move on.

You'll never have trouble with knowledgeable, experienced buyers when it comes to measurements, but there are also a ton of people out there who will ***** because the 44R they have in their closet isn't the same size as the one you sold. To help prevent this, I always include in my listings a description of how the measurements were taken:

"Measurements were taken with a tailor's tape while the garment was lying flat. Please compare with a garment that fits you well to ensure proper fit. Measurements are: armpit to armpit in front, 22 inches; shoulder width from seam to seam in back, 18 inches; length from bottom of collar to hem in back, 30 inches; sleeve length, 25 inches with another inch of material available to add length."

If there is a size tag present, I state the tagged size, but with the disclaimer that bidders should compare the measurements with a garment that fits them well. If I wasn't so lazy, I would also include a tutorial on measuring jackets in my listings. It wouldn't take long to write. In fact, I could probably steal one from the Internet somewhere. One day, I'll get around to it. But, even with all this, I would still get buyers who would make unreasonable complaints/demands.

Got a buyer who told me a sleeve measurement was inaccurate. When I asked him to send me a picture of him taking the measurement, he did so and he was measuring at a weird angle with the sleeve not even fully extended and still got a longer measurement than he initially claimed. He also said that he held it up to 'other suits that are tagged the same size' and the sleeve measurements were different. I explained it back to him, told him there was extra fabric for the tailor and that it was a cheap alteration. He then gave me negative feedback saying the item was not as described, and AFTER he posted the negative feedback he asked for a return (which I explicitly don't offer in my listings).

Is my best course of action to just call into eBay to get the negative feedback removed? From the photo of him taking the measurement he's clearly in the wrong.

pnutpug

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

every chance the mets go all the way... my unsolicited advice is to wait until The Series, and if it looks like the mets are gonna pull it off, re-list and cash in. just make sure whoever buys it has a chance to receive it before the parade.

icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif

But then I wouldn't get to wear it here, where every other person you see is a diehard Cubs fan.

dukedishin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you say that you used a tape measure? Hope you meant a tailor's tape as opposed to a carpenter's tape measure.

I don't think that there is anything you can do about this. eBay reps aren't likely to know anything about measuring garments, so explaining it to them won't help. I say that I don't take returns, but I do--it's the only way to avoid negative feedback, and getting negative feedback removed is difficult. I'd say one in 50 items gets returned. It's a PITA, but it is, really, a part of doing business on eBay. Grin and bear it, block the buyer and move on.

You'll never have trouble with knowledgeable, experienced buyers when it comes to measurements, but there are also a ton of people out there who will ***** because the 44R they have in their closet isn't the same size as the one you sold. To help prevent this, I always include in my listings a description of how the measurements were taken:

"Measurements were taken with a tailor's tape while the garment was lying flat. Please compare with a garment that fits you well to ensure proper fit. Measurements are: armpit to armpit in front, 22 inches; shoulder width from seam to seam in back, 18 inches; length from bottom of collar to hem in back, 30 inches; sleeve length, 25 inches with another inch of material available to add length."

If there is a size tag present, I state the tagged size, but with the disclaimer that bidders should compare the measurements with a garment that fits them well. If I wasn't so lazy, I would also include a tutorial on measuring jackets in my listings. It wouldn't take long to write. In fact, I could probably steal one from the Internet somewhere. One day, I'll get around to it. But, even with all this, I would still get buyers who would make unreasonable complaints/demands.
Thanks for the response. I used a tailor's tape - HE used a tape measure. Since I don't sell a high volume one negative feedback hurts me pretty significantly. I'm on hold waiting for an eBay rep right now so we'll see how this goes. Gotta help my case that he sent me a picture of the awful measurement he's taking, right?

Also, I get the feeling that it's going to come back with damage. No repercussions for the buyer, I assume.

Last edited:

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I used a tailor's tape - HE used a tape measure. Since I don't sell a high volume one negative feedback hurts me pretty significantly. I'm on hold waiting for an eBay rep right now so we'll see how this goes. Gotta help my case that he sent me a picture of the awful measurement he's taking, right?

Also, I get the feeling that it's going to come back with damage. No repercussions for the buyer, I assume.
post his username here and he'll get blocked by a ton of sellers. that's a small repercussion.

dukedishin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
rdma196. block away

masaccio

Reaction score
really strange tag. my korean is far from perfect, but it says 100% wool outside, 55% polyester/45% rayon inside. right underneath the 100% wool part, it does say 10% cashmere, but i have no idea where or how that adds up. at best, it might be a wool/cashmere blend.

Yeah, "contains 10% cashmere" is what I read, so I guess a 90/10 wool/cashmere blend.

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, yesterday, I see where I received a defect from a low DSR connected to a recent transaction. Perplexed, I scroll through my feedback. The buyer left me glowingly positive feedback. I thought this was strange enough for me to message the buyer. The buyer promptly responded that she obviously made a mistake and wanted to correct the error. She, again, thanked me profusely for the awesome shoes. So, she calls eBay this morning to take care of the issue. She immediately sends me a message happily stating that the problem has been fixed and the negative information should be erased in "a few minutes". Well, this is where Murphy's Law of eBay comes into play. I go to my eBay seller page to see that my feedback had dropped by one. I don't have 20,000 positive feedbacks so I easily recognize the difference. Anyway, I go to my seller dashboard and, yep, the defect is still there. eBay erased the positive feedback and left the low DSR. I called eBay again about 45 minutes ago. The guy on the phone found the whole thing exceedingly comical. However, he said that there is very little that he could do to reverse it. The buyer just sent a message and asked if the low DSR had been removed. I don't have the courage to tell her that her efforts were in vain.

dukedishin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, yesterday, I see where I received a defect from a low DSR connected to a recent transaction. Perplexed, I scroll through my feedback. The buyer left me glowingly positive feedback. I thought this was strange enough for me to message the buyer. The buyer promptly responded that she obviously made a mistake and wanted to correct the error. She, again, thanked me profusely for the awesome shoes. So, she calls eBay this morning to take care of the issue. She immediately sends me a message happily stating that the problem has been fixed and the negative information should be erased in "a few minutes". Well, this is where Murphy's Law of eBay comes into play. I go to my eBay seller page to see that my feedback had dropped by one. I don't have 20,000 positive feedbacks so I easily recognize the difference. Anyway, I go to my seller dashboard and, yep, the defect is still there. eBay erased the positive feedback and left the low DSR. I called eBay again about 45 minutes ago. The guy on the phone found the whole thing exceedingly comical. However, he said that there is very little that he could do to reverse it. The buyer just sent a message and asked if the low DSR had been removed. I don't have the courage to tell her that her efforts were in vain.
Sorry about that, really sucks. At least you got through to eBay. I've been holding for over an hour.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I ship plain old USPS Priority International to Australia, which is an e-delcon country, will I get delivery confirmation? Or, do I have to go Express? In other words, is e-delcon only available via Express, or can I get it via Priority as well?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads