1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Wrap it in cut down tyvek envelopes (or butcher paper if you have it). Works like a charm...

1 person likes this.
  2. Kazoo

Kazoo Senior member

That sound perfect! Thanks!

3. jamesmkeart

jamesmkeart Senior member

I thrifted a few ties from Battaglia and they all taper more on the left side than the right. It also doesn't start until most of the way up the visible part of the large blade. They don't look altered so I'm wondering if this is a thing tie makers do?

4. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Just don't do that think that some people out there do and tape the entire surface of the box. My wife received a pair of "NIB" cycling shoes that way. [​IMG]

5. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

No, its just gravity/wear that causes the blade to be off center. Happens a lot on foulard twills - especially Hermes.

6. markusadams

markusadams Member

Better to wear the clothes, things on the hanger or floor are not really attractive for buyers, imo.

7. kbadgley84

kbadgley84 Senior member

Got a pair of Prada shoes the same way, surprised the shoes were still in the box when I got it

8. jamesmkeart

jamesmkeart Senior member

Thanks,I'll have to pay closer attention.

9. cchen

cchen Senior member

Really a pain to deal with these shady buyers.

I sold an IWC watch box with booklet/guarantee card from an expensive IWC watch I used to own. Buyer messaged me asking if I would sell just the booklets and guarantee card and I said no, as they have more value together as a set. He then makes a decent offer for the full set that I accept.

Today, he messages he saying that the inner box is fake and not leather. Of course its leather, it's IWC. Back and forth, I send him the email confirmation from when I bought the watch in 2009, he still claims the box is fake. Then says he can accept a partial refund as he just wants the guarantee card. Of course I say no, the box is 100% authentic. Now buyer says he's going to open a claim citing that the box is fake.

How would you respond?

10. kbadgley84

kbadgley84 Senior member

I usually tell people like that to send the item back for a full refund

2 people like this.
  11. classicthrifter

classicthrifter Senior member

Hi All! Sold the LP leather jacket.

Any tips on how you'd ship it for a nice presentation and also in a secure manner? I'll insure it of course. I have tons of tissue paper, larger sealable bags and was probably going to stick it in a priority B box or Medium Flat rate. Will include the invoice and thank you card.

I'm thinking of upgrading to next day shipping as well. I have never sold something this high before.

Ever look at someone's feedback and see that they have purchased from forum members? That makes me feel better already. :)

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

12. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

I buy these just for that situation. IMO if you are buying NIB shoes the box is part of what you are buying so I want that protected as well as the shoes YOu can just wrap it in something but then the corners of the box have a very good change of being damaged in shipment

[​IMG]

25 Pack 14x10x6 Cardboard Box Packing Shipping Mailing Storage Moving Cartons

13. carreragt7

carreragt7 Senior member

K sneaker heads. Getting ready to throw these up on that other site. Can't seem to find a guide to figure out age on these. Any input? Not sure if it's the size (17!) throwing off my finding anything but even when I search just the general shoe I'm not finding an exact model. Tongue and heel grab area are different than most I'm finding. Fake? More rare? Any suggestions on BINOBO price? Seems to range from $50-700 so quite the spread.
    Cross-posted in the thrift thread as I know a lot of sneaker heads are active over there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. drlivingston

drlivingston Senior member

3 people like this.
  15. Purplelabel

Purplelabel Senior member

Shoes like this were mass produced to the balls, I struggle finding the colour code of my green blazers. There's a dead stock pair of French superstars on Etsy for around £470 (size 7.5)
    I say chuck them up bidding at 150, then let the people who know what these are fight over it. That's what I'd do!
    But make sure sure include notable wearers; Run DMC, SpooPoker etc..

Size 17 would usually mean a collectors piece in my experience.

2 people like this.
  16. cchen

cchen Senior member

So he opened a claim citing something is wrong with the item. Do you think ebay will side with him? I've uploaded the original receipt and responded. Talked to an ebay CSR who said I can tell my side of the story at the end of the return response period, including the messages he sent asking to just buy the guarantee card and asking for a partial refund for just the card.

Buyer is threatening negative feedback now as well....

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  17. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

1 person likes this.
  18. cchen

cchen Senior member

He sent these messages within the return request:

Info from the buyer
    Reason

Doesn't seem authentic
    Comments

Hi, I pay for orginal box and i got fake. Is not leather.If you make a part fefund i can keep documents and send back that box or i can post them all. Please send me return address. Regards Robert

I responded as I stated above and uploaded the receipt.

He says:

Please send me your full address to return this box, and full refund with postage.

Your choice. IWC Ingenieur Ref 3725 Chronograph always goes with different look box, i give you alse negative feedback!!!

At this point I'm fine to let ebay evaluate the situation. Thoughts?

Update - he's left a negative before the conclusion of the return . I've reported him and explained the situation to ebay.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  19. drlivingston

drlivingston Senior member

Call eBay and play up the feedback extortion angle. The whole matter hinges on him not wanting the box. He only wanted a certain part of the lot. He is trying to sell a watch of his own and wants your booklet and guarantee card to give it authenticity. He overplayed his hand.

2 people like this.
  20. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

Or he best against the House, and lost.

2 people like this.