• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's been over 3 business days (opened on the 29th), and I still can't escalate this case.

EDIT: Spoke too soon. Just found the link.

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

It's been over 3 business days (opened on the 29th), and I still can't escalate this case.

EDIT: Spoke too soon. Just found the link.

I would always suggest when you escalate a case, to do so by phone. You will find the results in a human conversation (as with most business transactions) alway skewed in your favor.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I would always suggest when you escalate a case, to do so by phone. You will find the results in a human conversation (as with most business transactions) alway skewed in your favor.

Thanks. I already escalated via the site. Is it worth calling to follow up?

EDIT: I called. The case was decided in my favor. Frankly I wish we could have worked it out but I am not paying $47 or even $42 for a used item I can get new for $58 with free shipping on Amazon. Principalities, Smokey. Hope the seller at least learns his lesson.

Last edited:

Ds13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I just had another (different) buyer "Refuse and return to sender." Am I obligated to give a refund? I thought I read somewhere that if the package is returned to sender I can just re-list it and sell it again. Correct me if I'm wrong, cause I could be WAY off.

Having awful luck the past couple of weeks. Wow

SpecialK2k12

Reaction score
I know this has been answered before, but I have an item that my buyer opened for "It doesn't match the listing" he offered to pay return shipping, and even though I think he's wrong, and I clearly state no returns, I'm willing to deal with it since he is willing to pay return shipping. However, it doesn't look like ebay gives me that option really, unless I can send him the label, and deduct the price from the refund amount. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks dudes.

Reosymes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know this has been answered before, but I have an item that my buyer opened for "It doesn't match the listing" he offered to pay return shipping, and even though I think he's wrong, and I clearly state no returns, I'm willing to deal with it since he is willing to pay return shipping. However, it doesn't look like ebay gives me that option really, unless I can send him the label, and deduct the price from the refund amount. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks dudes.

I'm facing the same issue. Ebay doesn't have a system set up for returns if you're not enrolled in the no-hassle returns program. The thing to do is to ask him to return the item with a tracking number, and refund him once you receive the item in the same condition. You can print the label for him if he asks you to but he should be able to figure out how to do this on his own. Mailing things isn't hard! Continue communicating with him via ebay, ask him to leave you a message with the tracking number once he's mailed it.

Once you refund him, go ahead and initiate the 'cancel transaction' process using the 'buyer returning for a refund' reason so you get your ebay fees back and don't get a defect.

Edit: Didn't realize he actually opened a case. My buyer simply messaged me with 'I want to return this, please let me know how to proceed'. Not sure how to deal with it once a case has been opened.

Last edited:

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Quote: If a case is open and you want to accept the return, there should be an option to "have buyer return item" and you agree to send him a full refund within (5?) days of the item being returned. If you state no returns and you fell you are right AND you have not offered him a return in ebay messages (once you say you will offer a return no matter what you have to accept the return, NO MATTER WHAT), then call ebay and speak with a rep, explain the case, if they agree with you ask them to make a note on the accont why it is "BUYERS REMORSE" and does not quality for a return.

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What the heck is this "Global Shipping Program" garbage? Buy a cheap item, pay shipping and an additional "fee" and then have to pay again once fedex delivers to you? Seems like a complete scam.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
What the heck is this "Global Shipping Program" garbage? Buy a cheap item, pay shipping and an additional "fee" and then have to pay again once fedex delivers to you? Seems like a complete scam.
Its been spoken about at length in the thread, most sellers here do not use it for the reason your just mentioned

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I offer it, but I also make sure to offer a secondary method as well. However the secondary method I offer is priority express international, which is pretty expensive in and of itself. I've just had too many problems with international shipments.

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Its been spoken about at length in the thread, most sellers here do not use it for the reason your just mentioned

Oddly enough, I've been doing a lot less international sales since I stopped using the GSP and started using Priority Mail International.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads