Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. My Main Man

My Main Man Senior member

When you cancel a transaction, eBay credits you the fees.

2. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

3. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

Apparently any new listings Oct 1st through the holidays must offer extended holiday returns in order to qualify for TRS 20% discounts... I offer 14-day returns and 1-day handling, and currently get the 20% discount, but it looks like none of my new listings through the end of the year will qualify, and thus I'll lose my discounts. So that sucks...

Edit listings to meet Top Rated Seller requirements
    (3 listings)

Watch a help video | Send us your comments | FAQs | Help

Top Rated Sellers qualify for the greatest boost in Best Match and a 20% final value fee discount on listings that offer same-day or 1-day handling and a minimum 14-day return policy that supports extended holiday returns.

4. Koala-T

Koala-T Senior member

Watch a help video | Send us your comments | FAQs | Help
    Top Rated Sellers qualify for the greatest boost in Best Match and a 20% final value fee discount on listings that offer same-day or 1-day handling and a minimum 14-day return policy that supports extended holiday returns.

How long of a return window do you have to offer to qualify? Is it 30 or 90 days?

5. TheNeedMachine

Through Dec 31st...when you click on "change your return policy", there is a new tick-box...however, reading up, eBay says it's for transactions Nov 1st thru Dec 31st. I'm not sure why eBay is saying my items listed yesterday don't qualify for TRS discounts - guess they want you to enroll in the extended returns program before Nov 1st.

Return policy

Returns Accepted

After receiving the item, your buyer should start a return within:
    14 Days

Offer extended holiday returns until December 31. Learn more

If you’re an eBay Top Rated Seller, you must include the extended holiday returns on eligible listings in order for them to qualify for Top Rated Plus benefits for transactions from November 1 through December 31. So enroll before November 1 to maximize your discounts—it’s easy.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2014

6. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

As of Monday, all new items being posted are now no longer eligible for returns. I am using this opportunity to assess the difference between the two. Now is the best time, as I refuse to succumb to eBays extended return window. So the next three months will give me a great opportunity to see how things go without the return option, and reevaluate come Jan 2015.

7. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

Haven't measured yet, but 2.5-2.75 sounds about right, and the length I'm sure hovers around there

TITLE: ICONIC Dior Homme Smoke Gray Blue Diorissimo Jacquard Tonal Logo Silk Skinny Tie

is Diorissimo something you would use on all Dior Homme ties? Just that signature word used throughout their products (purses, perfumes, etc)

--
    Reason I ask, is I have another Dior tie, that could use some more fillers, as its a basic thin stripe tie
    [​IMG]

8. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Diorissimo, like Guccisima, is the repetitive monogram signature print. Your other one, RECENT Dior Homme Sinister Grey Slim Sky Blue Pencil Stripe Silk Tie France

9. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

Got it, ty. Whats louis called? Louis Vuittonisima? lol

--

TITLE: ICONIC Dior Homme Sinister Gray STIFF Blue Crunchy Thin Pencil Stripe Silk Tie

(made in Italy) - The silk in this tie is crunchy & stiff. Not sure if its from dry cleaners (doesn't have added sheen), or if its some type of purposeful designer starch stylistic approach. normal?

10. drlivingston

drlivingston Senior member

If you’re an eBay Top Rated Seller, you must include the extended holiday returns on eligible listings in order for them to qualify for Top Rated Plus benefits for transactions from November 1 through December 31. So enroll before November 1 to maximize your discounts—it’s easy.

I am not doing it. My phone rang this afternoon. Looking at the caller ID, it showed the call originated in Utah. Figuring it was eBay, I answered and the semi-English speaking female proceeded to tell me that I HAD to update my return option to include the longer window. I told her that I had no intention of doing that. She said that it would affect my TRS"Plus" status. I told her that I would gladly give up the percentage to not have to worry about someone wearing a pair of shoes for 10 weeks and deciding to return them. I do 14 days on all of my auctions. Any more than that is ridiculous.

11. HansderHund

HansderHund Senior member

Were you listing auctions or buy it now? If it were the latter (and 30 day listings) then they'd end after 1 November, so they probably wouldn't qualify. A silly new requirement by ebay, by the way.

12. Koala-T

Koala-T Senior member

Hey, when someone initiates a return through the eBay return process, how do you charge a restocking fee when appropriate. If you just hit the 'issue refund" button in eBay, it automatically refunds the entire purchase price. Am I doin it wrong?

13. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

As long as you have it set up correctly with the restocking fee in place in the settings, it will be automatic. It will show you the fee and give you a chance to waive it before issuing the refund.

Exception: if the return is for item not as described, no restocking fee is applied.

14. Koala-T

Koala-T Senior member

I must not have it set up correctly.

15. TheNeedMachine

Listing BIN, 10 days...but the requirement is for transactions 1 Nov THROUGH 31 Dec. So if listed on Oct 28th for 10 days, sells on Nov 2nd, it falls within that window.