• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bugatti Prestige EDP :)

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by embowafa
I think the conversation will usually go like this:

"YOU PAID HOW MUCH FOR THAT CRAP??"

"I got it at 10% of cost...only 240 GBP!"

"YOU PAID HOW MUCH FOR THAT CRAP???"

I think this is a case of buying something just because it's so heavily discounted.

Ahh everyone is entitled to their own opinion I suppose! Harrods was the only store to sell this in the UK and they sold out within a couple of months at full price which means there are definitely people out there rich (and or stupid) enough to buy it! The reason this was so cheap was that the cardboard box was slightly battered and it was the last one (they always do a special on something on either the first or last day and I was lucky enough to be there).

I buy and sell things for a living and the fact this is sold out in the UK and it's strictly limited is definitely enough of an argument to tell me it's a good gamble! If it's not worth anything in a few years then so be it but as someone said it's a good conversation piece and £240 isn't that much in the grand scheme of things
smile.gif

Diggz

Reaction score
I remember seeing this on Top Gear.

Is that real carbon fiber? From the pics its looks like knock off carbon fiber stickers.
Real carbon fiber should look something like this with a "3D" effect
DSC09044.jpg

But then again, it might just be a carbon fiber weave I've never seen before.

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Diggz
I remember seeing this on Top Gear.

Is that real carbon fiber? From the pics its looks like knock off carbon fiber stickers.
Real carbon fiber should look something like this with a "3D" effect

But then again, it might just be a carbon fiber weave I've never seen before.

Well it's got a 3d Effect when you move it around in the light but then I'm no car expert... The box is quite light and it's lined in leather. I should think for that money it would be but I could be wrong!

Diggz

Reaction score
Ah ok. Maybe it is real then. Wanna sell me just the box? jk
tongue.gif

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Somehow I feel like its just Axe for rich Arabian oil barons or Russian mobsters.

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
Somehow I feel like its just Axe for rich Arabian oil barons or Russian mobsters.

Yeah probably. Just a status thing I suppose for people that have run out of things to spend their money on! The EDP is nice enough but nowhere near as nice my Penhaligon's Opus!!!

I suppose if you were a fan of the sculpter it may be worth the money...

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The answer to this is obvious, but what makes it better than any other cologne?

At least with brands like Ed Hardy, bimbos love it, and it might get the person wearing it laid. No woman is going to recognize this scent, and there certainly isn't a quality factor, so I see it as being completely marsupialed.

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by suited
The question to this is obvious, but what makes it better than any other cologne?

At least with brands like Ed Hardy, bimbos love it, and it might get the person wearing it laid. No woman is going to recognize this scent, and there certainly isn't a quality factor, so I see it as being completely marsupialed.

You're not paying the the cologne - you can get the cologne for about £60 per bottle. You're paying for the carbon fibre box and the 24ct gold plated sculture wing thing which holds it in place. Oh and I suppose the fact that it's limited to 400 items.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenStyle
I paid 10% of the price. I'm not sure on the ebay thing. Never been one on there. You can get it in the middle east I think. They have a few bottles left in certain stores in Kuwait but as far as the UK goes, that was the last one.

Not sure if I should whack it up on there at a silly price or just keep it and forget about it for a few years...

I'd be cautious of putting something like this on ebay. You run into shady buyers who lurk in markets like this: colognes, jewelry, etc.
Any claim can go against you and all they have to do is empty the perfume and claim that you sent them a fake perfume or water. These are extreme examples but still I just ask you to give it a second thought before you send it off to the ebay.

You already opened the bottle? Things like this if you want it to retain its value of exclusivity (let alone increase in price) you got to keep it in absolute mint condition. Only exceptions would be if some confirmed famous person used it a little bit. And any increase in its value in a few years may just be due to inflation of prices of gold and so forth anyways so in terms of holding it for the sake of

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
I'd be cautious of putting something like this on ebay. You run into shady buyers who lurk in markets like this: colognes, jewelry, etc.
Any claim can go against you and all they have to do is empty the perfume and claim that you sent them a fake perfume or water. These are extreme examples but still I just ask you to give it a second thought before you send it off to the ebay.

You already opened the bottle? Things like this if you want it to retain its value of exclusivity (let alone increase in price) you got to keep it in absolute mint condition. Only exceptions would be if some confirmed famous person used it a little bit. And any increase in its value in a few years may just be due to inflation of prices of gold and so forth anyways so in terms of holding it for the sake of

Yup - definitely a risk of that I suppose. I've not opened the bottle. I managed to sweet talk the lady behind the counter to giving me the tester as well (seen as though it was their last bottle) so I've not opened it at all.

Well I was just going to hold on to it until they have definitely all been sold and was thinking that maybe the value may go up a little...

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lucky Strike
OK...a few questions: - How does it actually smell?
Like you mashed a $100 bill and an EU 500 note into a fine paste using Clos du Mesnil 1995, added shavings of gold bullion, distilled it, strained it using a sieve made of vicuna mesh, and then mixed it with the sweat of the Sultan of Brunai's favorite racing camel and a single drop of the sweetest, lightest crude oil from Saudi Arabia. In other words, it smells great.

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big A
Like you mashed a $100 bill and an EU 500 note into a fine paste using Clos du Mesnil 1995, added shavings of gold bullion, distilled it, strained it using a sieve made of vicuna mesh, and then mixed it with the sweat of the Sultan of Brunai's favorite racing camel and a single drop of the sweetest, lightest crude oil from Saudi Arabia. In other words, it smells great.

Don't forget children's tears and sweat from a virgin's thighs...

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenStyle
You're not paying the the cologne - you can get the cologne for about £60 per bottle. You're paying for the carbon fibre box and the 24ct gold plated sculture wing thing which holds it in place. Oh and I suppose the fact that it's limited to 400 items.

And what do you plan on doing with a carbon fiber, gold plated cologne box?

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by suited
And what do you plan on doing with a carbon fiber, gold plated cologne box?

Erm put it in the loft for a few years and then sell it?!

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big A
I think that was a dessert at that New York restaurant that was closed for health code violations.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads