1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Brands/Trends

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by shoreman1782, Apr 6, 2005.

1. Bradford

Bradford Senior member

Anyone else remember when LA Gear tried to be a legit athletic shoe? I think they signed Magic Johnson to an endorsement deal and he actually wore them while playing for the Lakers.

Of course I was in high school when Fast Times at Ridgemont High came out, so I had to have a pair of checkered Vans, and lots of shirts and shorts from OP, Town & Country and Zogs Sex Wax. I also had a great pair of white drawstring pants from PCH (Pacific Coast Highway) - Boy was I gnarly back then.

2. jpeirpont

jpeirpont Senior member

Originally Posted by j,April 08 2005,14:10
    How about LA Gear hightops with the three different laces that you were supposed to weave through the eyelets? They ripped off the "pump" thing from Nike. This would have been about 1991-2.
    Anyone else remember when LA Gear tried to be a legit athletic shoe? I think they signed Magic Johnson to an endorsement deal and he actually wore them while playing for the Lakers. Of course I was in high school when Fast Times at Ridgemont High came out, so I had to have a pair of checkered Vans, and lots of shirts and shorts from OP, Town & Country and Zogs Sex Wax. I also had a great pair of white drawstring pants from PCH (Pacific Coast Highway) - Boy was I gnarly back then.
    Remember the Hakeem Olajuwon versions with the lights in the heel.

3. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Senior member

Kotler pants from Chess King -- my worst junior high memory, with the possible exception of the thin black pleather tie.

I didn't even put on a pair of jeans until age 24. I lived in BD Baggies shirts for a while in high school.

4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

There's a great book (gave it to my bro for Christmas) about sneakers. One of the best quotes in the book was to the effect that the author knew that Carl Malone would never win an NBA championship after he signed an endorsement contract with LA Gear.

5. Aaron

Aaron Senior member

Wow you guys were a lot more aware fashion-wise than I was in grade school. Hmm, the worst satorial memory I have from school is the No Fear t-shirts down to my knees and just buying everything way too big. I found a really cool knit rugby sweater in the summer that I used to wear in Grade 8 and it fits me like a sail now. I can't imagine what I looked like then. Oh yeah, trend-wise I remember-

~The snap bracelet
    ~The bowl cut
    ~The pastel coloured Club Monaco/Espirt/Jordache sweatshirt

And Etruscan I remember lot's of Matnique and InWear stuff. I think I still have a few black t-shirts from them.

A.

6. lupin23rd

lupin23rd Well-Known Member

Did anyone wear Mondetta? I remember everyone in elementary school used to wear that.I remember the first time I saw one, my friend had the Scotland flag. I can't remember which one I bought. I think it was Sweden.

Are these still around?

Guess was big back then too, I remember telling everyone that Buffalo jeans sucked and Guess was where it was at.

I actually bought a Guess jacket last month, hehe

Vans, I'd still wear them, the last pair I had was a really nice fit, my foot has an odd size, kind of trapped between mens and kids. Doh.

m