• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bit by a dog

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Did dog have regular teeth or special Navy SEAL titanium teeth? Titanium teeth are known harborers of bacteria.

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
UPDATE Called the Ontario health centre or whatever and the lady on the phone asked for my cousin's name (kept saying nephew even though I repeatedly told her it's my cousin lol) and said that the doctor is legally bind to report it to them so they have it on file. So I provided the name and shes like yep they have it here...she said they are monitoring the dog until May 20th and if there are no signs of rabies then no shots for that are needed. I guess if there are rabies in the dog then there is still enough time for him to get the shots after the 20th.

Omar1223

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by in stitches
i believe that is correct, had a similar situation with a rusty fishhook accident. but check with neo hes a real doctor

neo is a doctor? what kind?

op, good to know your cousin got proper medical attention. hope he gets well soon.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by clarksdb
UPDATE

Called the Ontario health centre or whatever and the lady on the phone asked for my cousin's name (kept saying nephew even though I repeatedly told her it's my cousin lol) and said that the doctor is legally bind to report it to them so they have it on file. So I provided the name and shes like yep they have it here...she said they are monitoring the dog until May 20th and if there are no signs of rabies then no shots for that are needed.

I guess if there are rabies in the dog then there is still enough time for him to get the shots after the 20th.

That's probably correct. The prophylactic treatment for humans after a rabies exposure is immunoglobulin and repeated rabies vaccine shots. As long as it's administered before the person starts to become symptomatic, ideally within 10 days of exposure, it works.

If, on a remote longshot, he does end up needing the treatment, it's not that bad. It used to be horrible - shots in the gut - but it's not nearly as painful now. I had to go through it a few years ago. The worst part was the immunoglobulin (it's really thick and there's a lot of it), but that's only administered once. After that, it's just a hassle because you have to go back a bunch of times in the following weeks to get more vaccine shots, and it's really expensive.

Originally Posted by Omar1223
neo is a doctor? what kind?

op, good to know your cousin got proper medical attention. hope he gets well soon.

The fictional kind.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm starting to wonder if I'm going insane. If my cousin were bit by a dog, I don't think I'd care much more than ask how they're doing. To think that I'd call the hospital about it makes me go ughh?

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If imageshack had not crapped out, I'd beguile you guys with my bite pics..

BP348

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
If imageshack had not crapped out, I'd beguile you guys with my bite pics..

Those I'd like to see. I've seen plenty of dog bites and like everything some are much worse then others.

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Omar1223
neo is a doctor? what kind? op, good to know your cousin got proper medical attention. hope he gets well soon.
Thanks Omar, appreciate it.
Originally Posted by MrG
That's probably correct. The prophylactic treatment for humans after a rabies exposure is immunoglobulin and repeated rabies vaccine shots. As long as it's administered before the person starts to become symptomatic, ideally within 10 days of exposure, it works. If, on a remote longshot, he does end up needing the treatment, it's not that bad. It used to be horrible - shots in the gut - but it's not nearly as painful now. I had to go through it a few years ago. The worst part was the immunoglobulin (it's really thick and there's a lot of it), but that's only administered once. After that, it's just a hassle because you have to go back a bunch of times in the following weeks to get more vaccine shots, and it's really expensive.
True true...
Originally Posted by SirGrotius
I'm starting to wonder if I'm going insane. If my cousin were bit by a dog, I don't think I'd care much more than ask how they're doing. To think that I'd call the hospital about it makes me go ughh?
See I didn't explain everything. Thing is my aunt moved in with us few years back when my cousin was only a few months old. So he kind of grew up with me for 2 years or so and honestly I love that boy. I care about him a lot even though he doesn't live with us anymore. Soon after my aunt moved out couple years ago, one of those old style big TVs fell on his head when he was only two. He was in Sick Kids Hospital for 3 weeks, often it wasn't clear if he was going to live or not...so yes he is very precious to me, excuse me for that. Luckily, everything turned out alright. The kid has been through a lot, he's a tough boy. It also doesn't hurt that he's the cutest boy
smile.gif
-----

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
^ awwwwwww......

..... kill that basterd of a canine! blow its brains out! grrrrr.....

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i know you mean well but posting a picture of a kid online is not always a good idea

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
True, only intended to keep it up for a short while...and yeah acidboy the worst part is this dog did this same thing to someone else couple years back ago apparently.

I think my aunt might get a good payday lol.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BP348
Those I'd like to see. I've seen plenty of dog bites and like everything some are much worse then others.

One guy commented that the bruising, when combined with the imprints of where the canines went in, looked like this guy:

Red-skull-2.jpg

Mal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by clarksdb
True, only intended to keep it up for a short while...and yeah acidboy the worst part is this dog did this same thing to someone else couple years back ago apparently.

I think my aunt might get a good payday lol.

In Canada for a dog bite? Seems unlikely.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads