• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bit by a dog

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Don Carlos
I'm afraid it's too late. By now the werewolf infection has already taken root in the boy's system.

laugh.gif

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Christ almighty. Just keep the wound clean. If the dog is local ask the owner for the rabies tag. If there is none, get the dog tested or observe.

Besides the rabies factor, which is easily handled if it is a local dog, treat it like any other cut. If it's big and nasty you likely need some antibiotics. If it's small and seems clean, disinfect and keep clean.

Jay Gatsby

Reaction score
Perhaps if everyone in Canada wasn't entitled to your legendary healthcare, the doctor would have had time and budget to do a proper examination.

3cyr3

Reaction score
Or perhaps the doctor did do a proper examination and decided that a rabies shot wasn't necessary. But obviously a forum full of qualified iGent doctors know better.

katiedaddy

Reaction score
I was bit by full size Akita when I was about 7 yrs old and had to get few stitches on two areas from the bite, I am pretty sure I got tetanus shot because of damn dog almost punctured my arm.. Not sure if I received rabies shot.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was bitten by a "local" dog in a village on an island in Fiji about 10 years ago.... obviously no doctors around so my friendly neighbor there poured gasoline on it, gave it a scrub and said "it'll be fine, no worries".... just to be safe I stay at home during the full moon....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads