• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best place to hem jeans in nyc...

Anamoly

Reaction score
I need to hem my 5eps about an 1-1/2 and im looking for a tailor who someone can recommend to trust with a quality piece of clothing like this. Any suggestions

preferably lower manhattan west side...

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
you should buy a sewing machine, or needle and thread. It is easier.

lowrey

Reaction score
I think they hem jeans at BiG? would probably be best quality wise, but honestly any decent tailor will be able to do it properly, its a very simple process.

mikej77

Reaction score
I took a pair to Campos and Campos on West 14th or 15th Street, not exactly sure of the address but near 7th Avenue. They did a great job and were able to match the existing hem perfectly.

Anamoly

Reaction score
thanks, im close to campos and thought of them. its good to know theyre capable of doing a good job

Badseeds

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
45rpm & BIG

Hawkeye

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Calden
I got my jeans hemmed at 45rpm. It was $20.

It's $10 cheaper at BiG

Originally Posted by ts4them
anyone particularly better for Nudies (considering the bright orange thread)?

Gordon spent a good amount of time pulling out different spools of thread trying to match the Nudie orange, it's not a perfect match, but I really appreciated the effort. As long as it is orange it's fine with me.

Anamoly

Reaction score
Probably shouldve went to BIG, but I kind of feel awkward walking into a retail store with another brand denim and asking the dude to hem.

I went to campos. They did a competent job. $18.

bant

Reaction score
dont feel awkward. BiG charges $10 for what will take 5 minutes. from their perspective it brings more customers into the store and can result in future sales as a result.

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Anamoly
Probably shouldve went to BIG, but I kind of feel awkward walking into a retail store with another brand denim and asking the dude to hem.

I went to campos. They did a competent job. $18.

Get over awkwardness. You're a New Yorker

NYCESQ

Reaction score
The best place is Golden Needle Tailor. It is a small shop located on 70th Street btwn 2nd & 3rd. This guy gets outsourcing & referrals from many Madison Ave. stores. He specializes in jean alterations, which s the majority of his business. It is not uncommon to see a few hundred pair of jeans in hs shop at any time. I have had approx. 20 pair hemmed and always happy with results.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads