• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • The Uniform/LA Lennon Loose Fit jeans drop is now live! Check out both the light Palms and dark Lithium Both are made from premium Japanese right hand 3x1 denim in the USA,. Uniform/LA is know for premium materials and meticulous pattern making. Support a small business built on quality and integrity.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best maker of boots to check out?

tommboy

Reaction score
I'm looking for some nice boots that go with jeans and don't know where to start. If anyone could give me some recomendations on some brands that make good stylish boots please chime in.

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am a huge fan of CJ Snowdon and Conistons, and Brooks Boots and the AE Taunton.

Pengranger

Reaction score
Any ideas on:
- what style. Laces or pull on? How high up the ankle?
- whether you want casual or dress boots? When will you use them?
- whether leather or suede?
- what colour?
- what type of sole. Leather or rubber?
- how much you want to pay?
- what size are you?

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
G&G. If Chelseas are your thing.

Burnham1.jpg

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
G&G. If Chelseas are your thing.

Burnham1.jpg

These are so freakin nice. I don't know if I could let these leave the house this time of year! (my month-old RM Williams are taking a nice beating this particular winter)

tommboy

Reaction score
I'm open to everything really. I particularly want something that will give me some extra height and I will be only wearing them with jeans.

Michael Ay329

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Varvatos boots are way overpriced...some of which are sourced from Stefano Bi

Alden's ankle boots are a reasonably priced middle of the road price ranged boot/shoe company

2 online Alden merchants with an excellent assortment of special Aldens
Alden of Carmel http://www.alden-of-carmel.com
LeatherSoul http://www.leathersoulhawaii.com/

If you have the money for a more upmarket Made to Order (MTO) boot...G&G has 5 awesome boots...of which in addition to the Chelesea...pictured in an earlier post, the Thorpe country boot and the Arran Chukka boot might be what you desire http://www.gazianoandgirling.com

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tommboy
I'm open to everything really. I particularly want something that will give me some extra height and I will be only wearing them with jeans.
I've had a pair of Lucchese cowboy boots for well over 10 years now and they still look fantastic. Lucchese offers a variety of heels so you can pick whatever height you want, and the styles range from the very streamlined and plain to the very ornate and gaudy.

http://www.lucchese.com/index.php

If there's any problem with buying Luccheses, it's that there are too many options to choose from. Not only do they come in a gazillion styles, but you can also customize them. For instance, my pair is like this but with a lower heel and a slightly pointier toe.

products403_big.jpg

coverto

Reaction score
I must second the motion for Luccheses - go straight to their Classics line. Rounded or French toes my preference. I've got a pair of alligators in addition to some chocolate calfskins. Gunning for a second pair of gators this spring, although the price is admittedly steep. Once you own a pair, anything else seems effete.

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by coverto
although the price is admittedly steep.
Agreed, but considering how long they last, they're still a great value.

coverto

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Threadbearer
Agreed, but considering how long they last, they're still a great value.
That's right, Threadbearer! I'll admit that I'm from Texas, where Luccheses are pretty much the standard for wheelers and dealers of all stripes, so they probably fit my sense of style more readily than most. But I've been wearing them in NYC for many years now, and I must say they command respect at every level. Whether it's a bar, a boardroom or ladies who lunch giving you the up-and-down at an elevator at Bergdorf. They're a perfect solution for a customer who's seeking something both distinctive and manly.

I must relate the story of a meeting I had last year with a fellow who had recently been quoted in the WSJ complaining about CEOs showing up for meetings in lousy shoes. He was wearing an extremely snappy pair of John Lobbs that day, but when I walked into the room with my Lucchese gators, he immediately looked down at my boots and said "Holy ****!" and got down on all fours to ogle them.

For fear of sounding like a Lucchese salesman, I must add that I've been a little disappointed how often I need to resole the things, so in my experience the quality of workmanship has been somewhat disappointing considering how much you shell out for the things. But the manliness quotient keeps me coming back.

Featured Sponsor

With US Luxury Spending Down 11%, Have You Also Cut Back?

• Yes, I’ve reduced my luxury spending.

• No, my luxury spending has stayed the same.

• No, I’ve actually increased my luxury spending.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nojawnsintheprairies