• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best maker of boots to check out?

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
JM WESTON is also offering some great classic boots for a decent price...
I used to buy them religiously when I was student...
Gazian&Girling model is great..Is it MTM OR Bespoke?

Busa Dave

Reaction score
I have 12 pair of Lucchese (and some Justin's as well not in the same league) boots that are half Roper and Cowboy. Have 2pair of Anteater, Ostrich, Belly Ostrich, European Goat, Stingray, Shark, and Elephant---love them all. The Black Cherry color is just to die for IMHO.

Soles last over twice as long as Justin as well -- use lemon wood pegs in the heels.

konadog

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Shikar
I have the same Lucchese Classics, the leather is wonderful and the black cherry ages very nicely, but how do you expect the heel to break in? I dont follow your question.

Regards.

hard to explain, but the back of the heel, where it ramps up a little bit, feels tight. the rest of the boot fits perfectly. i typically wear a size 10 dress shoe and these Luccheses are 10.5. my question is whether that little ramp at the back of the heel eventually wears down.

i've owned a lot of expensive shoes, including a pair of John Lobbs, and nothing has compared to the leather on these Luccheses.

Busa Dave

Reaction score
Originally Posted by konadog
hard to explain, but the back of the heel, where it ramps up a little bit, feels tight. the rest of the boot fits perfectly. i typically wear a size 10 dress shoe and these Luccheses are 10.5. my question is whether that little ramp at the back of the heel eventually wears down.

i've owned a lot of expensive shoes, including a pair of John Lobbs, and nothing has compared to the leather on these Luccheses.

Yes it will just wear them. I too wear a size 10 in just about everything else but a 10.5 is the size I wear with these boots.

MeowMeow

Reaction score
Kona, which toe style do you prefer in the Lucchese?

konadog

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MeowMeow
Kona, which toe style do you prefer in the Lucchese?

the french toe one that i have i much prefer. i recently saw a pair of the lucchese classics ropers in a teak color with glove-like leather. those boots are the coolest boots i've ever seen.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 76 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 76 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 35 16.8%

Forum statistics

Threads