1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Beds - What are you sleeping on?

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by gamelan, Dec 23, 2007.

1. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Simmons Beautyrest World Class (aka Westin's "Heavenly Bed"). My wife really wanted it - she travels a lot for work and the Westin beds are her favorite by a wide margin. First, I was a little unsure about the pillowtop thingy, but then I got used to it and like it now.

2. yarnsforth

yarnsforth Senior Member

Dunlop and talalay latex from Savvy Rest on a slatted, untreated wood platform.

3. Asterix

Asterix Senior Member

looking to purchase a new bed. i think the frame that i currently have is still usable so i might go with just a mattress. i'd rather not spend more than $2000. i'm definitely going to try a Tempur-Pedic. beyond that, the marketing machines behind Hastens (NPR) and Duxiana (local news radio) have got me interested.

just curious what others might recommend for a good nights rest.

so what are you sleeping on?

-Jeff

(wow, ok, so Hastens might be out of the running since they start at 5Gs)

Tempurpedic is what we have now and its okay. A few years ago we (wifey & I) had the sleep number bed and we didn't like it.

Btw nice avatar. I have one on right now. [​IMG]

4. Cavalier

Cavalier Senior Member

Sealy Posturepedic firm, love it. Highly recommended and (relatively) affordable

5. diliang

diliang Member

Relyon royal heritage collection

6. EddyP

EddyP Active Member

7. R.O. Thornhill

R.O. Thornhill Senior Member

Hästens Excel super-king for 15 years now and still going strong; replaced the top mattress with a BJX a few years ago. Combined with Siberian goose feather duvet and frette bedding it is the best sleep I ever get

R-O-T

8. SirWilliam

SirWilliam Senior Member

Swissflex Uni 22 Bridge:
    [​IMG]

9. kdarylle

kdarylle Member

Have my Duxiana bed for 8 years now and it still has great firmness and support.