1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Beds - What are you sleeping on?

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by gamelan, Dec 23, 2007.

1. hopkins_student

hopkins_student Distinguished Member

Tempurpedic Deluxe.

2. Abudeeba

Abudeeba Well-Known Member

McRoskey Airflex is a local company in San Francisco that makes hand-made traditional mattresses and box springs. I don't have one, but they get a lot of good recommendations. They might be the "Southwick" or "Samuelsohn" of mattresses. I think they're around $3500 for a set.

+1 on Mcroskey. The beds are great and your choice is simple: Extra firm, firm, gentle and extra gentle. A choice of two tickings. A king set will run you a little under $5000 and there isn't a speck of foam in them.

3. eg1

eg1 Distinguished Member

I dunno -- got it at Sears a few years back, and it has two pillow-tops (for flipping, I guess). We cannot use the box-spring it came with, though, since it does not fit properly in our sleigh-bed -- if you put the box-spring in it sits atop the frame and then the massive double-pillow-top mattress on top of that makes for a bed my wife would need a ladder to get in and out of ... [​IMG]

4. StylenotFashion

StylenotFashion Senior Member

5. nootje

nootje Distinguished Member

auping boxspring... It took some getting used to the softness, but right now I miss it when im gone longer that a week or so[​IMG]

6. maxnharry

maxnharry Distinguished Member

yeah, from the initial research i've done, it sounds like Vi-Spring, Hypnos (both UK), Hastens, and Duxiana (both Swedish) would be considered your Kiton, Oxxford, Attolinis of the bed world.

unfortunately, i have a feeling that all four makers may be beyond my reach financially.

-Jeff

Now where is the STP or Virtual Clothes Horse for mattresses?

7. ghulkhan

ghulkhan Distinguished Member

hastens excel

8. supcar

supcar Active Member

another vote for cal king mcroskey... extra gentle. Plus it doesn't have the pillow top stuff that just breaks down (and is also very hot to sleep in)...

9. NaTionS

NaTionS Distinguished Member

Some crappy bed and mattress that comes with the dorm room.

10. amerikajinda

amerikajinda Stylish Dinosaur

Could this be LabelKing's bed? [​IMG]

11. Balthazar

Balthazar Senior Member

So I just checked out Vi Spring's website and they don't list any US-based distributors. Has anyone bought them from the US?

12. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Suitsupply-sider

We have a Stearns & Foster mattress/box springs but we are looking at upgrading soon. I'm tempted by higher end beds but Sleep Number beds have a great reputation among my immediate friends so we might try that first. Duxiana is very expensive.

13. Roy

Roy Distinguished Member

So I just checked out Vi Spring's website and they don't list any US-based distributors. Has anyone bought them from the US?

They do not have any dealers in the states, I just called them for you. They're working on something but nothing concrete so far. I'm a Vi-Spring dealer myself, they're pretty much the best you can buy.

14. Balthazar

Balthazar Senior Member

Thanks Roy. It was your recommendation earlier in this thread (which I realize was a couple years ago) that had me looking. Did you get your Magnificent? Is it as good as you thought it would be?

15. Roy

Roy Distinguished Member

Thanks Roy. It was your recommendation earlier in this thread (which I realize was a couple years ago) that had me looking. Did you get your Magnificent? Is it as good as you thought it would be?

What I did is get the magnificence mattress on a TrÃ[​IMG]ca de Paris Coco boxspring, because I just love the look of the Coco in black leather. The matress is excellent, I love it!