BB GF American made VS. BB GF Italian made

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SuitingStyle, Jun 6, 2006.

1. SuitingStyle

SuitingStyle Senior member

Hi -

Just curious, are the 2 types comparable in terms of quality of fabaric and details of hand tailoring?
    I noticed the Italian made are pirced lower ( around 1200 range) vs the Martin Greenfield American made (1700-1900).

I picked up an Italian made GF on sale, but wondering if I am getting as a good suit had I picked up an American made GF that is priced couple of hundred bucks more.

thanks

2. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

I think the Italian made ones are better to be honest. I have one and absolutely love it. The shoulder is very soft - really perfect padding for me. I like it better than my American-made GF by far.

3. thinman

thinman Senior member

I think the Italian made ones are better to be honest. I have one and absolutely love it. The shoulder is very soft - really perfect padding for me. I like it better than my American-made GF by far.

Is the construction better or do you simply like the softer shoulder (IMO a stylistic consideration)?

4. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

The chest padding and everything like that just seems better to me, more comfortable, but maybe that's becasue I find the softer shoulder more comfortable. It just sits on me better, you know? The lapels feel like they are softer, nicer roll to them. Also, the styling makes a big difference, as you say - I think they are some of the only BB jackets with double vents.

5. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

The chest padding and everything like that just seems better to me, more comfortable, but maybe that's becasue I find the softer shoulder more comfortable. It just sits on me better, you know? The lapels feel like they are softer, nicer roll to them. Also, the styling makes a big difference, as you say - I think they are some of the only BB jackets with double vents.

Funny, my American-made GF has an extremely soft shoulder with little padding and a very soft roll to it.

6. kcc

kcc Senior member

Do you know who makes the Italian BB suits?