• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Barbour To Ki To Fall/Winter 2010 Jackets (Tokihito Yoshida)

Uffuffa

Reaction score
Hello All!

Re: Barbour To Ki To Fall/Winter 2010 Jackets (Tokihito Yoshida)

New to this... Would appreciate your opinions on this one. Just purchased the olive horse riding jacket and the sage military jacket in this range from an online store in the UK with the intention to return one of them. They are both expensive jackets (£350 and £499 respectively) so I can only keep both if I have a once-in-a-decade moment of true indulgence. Both fit me perfectly (medium) and both exude quality and high-end workmanship - they are truly luxurious yet technical jackets with immaculate detailing. I'm not going to use them to their technical functions, just as nice coats to wear and to look good in. The riding jacket is quite classical and timeless. My concern is the military style jacket. Do you think this is one that will not last due to it's style or do you think it'll stay contemporary due to it's quality? I wonder whether the price tag is too high for a jacket like this if it is to become dated in a matter of only a couple of seasons... What do you think: keep both or return one? And if you think I should return one, which one and why?

Thanks for your thoughts!
Uffuffa

dunga

Reaction score
Pictures, please. It is hard to answer without them.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
The Military is quite gimmicky and really not in-line with Barbour's heritage. The Horse Riding jacket is wonderful, and still very much part of the Barbour ethos.

Uffuffa

Reaction score
Thanks Eustace - interested on your take on the military. That jacket's sold out all over the place but the riding jacket seems in stock in most shops. Do you think that's because the military has sold better or because the horse riding jacket has been stocked up in greater numbers?

Uffuffa

Reaction score
Anyone else have an opinion on this? Would appreciate your thoughts...

Thanks,
Uffuffa

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uffuffa
Thanks Eustace - interested on your take on the military. That jacket's sold out all over the place but the riding jacket seems in stock in most shops. Do you think that's because the military has sold better or because the horse riding jacket has been stocked up in greater numbers?

I believe the Horse Riding jacket is a staple of the Barbour Tokito line (along w/ the Bicycle), so its produced in far larger quanties than the Military.

apropos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was not impressed with the fit (just weird, narrow shoulders relative to a massive chest, very low set armholes - if I were actually on a horse the shoulders leaning forward & holding the reins would be around my ears), or fabric (crinkly, light, insubstantial).

And all that for $560? Pass.

jsqfunk

Reaction score
of the two go for the horse ridding version - the contrasting pockets and patches of the military one will get old quick

for what it's worth I have the summer bicycle jacket (non-wax) which I really like

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads