• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Baller/conceptual outerwear recommendations thread

Abliss

Reaction score
Originally Posted by softy
There should be a SF documentary, possible titled include:
・The Saga of Mr. Moo
・Mr. Moo goes to Pitti
・Flannel suits to Jumpsuits: My Story
etc.

DUNH-MO6_V2.jpg

i like this dunhill shearling thing a lot. some of their designs are very clean

That turtleneck looks very nice! Do you have any idea of the price? - i assume it is also from Dunhill shearling.

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Issey Miyake's Plantation line was Japan's first pret-a-porter. Designed with the same offbeat perspective, the clothes were a touch less avant garde than his main label and therefore much easier to wear every day. Inspired by the people he'd see coming in and out of the laundromat, he wanted a collection that could be easily cared for and casual without losing a bit of style. Before he was the Prince of Pleats, Issey Miyake had his Plantation line of organic (meaning natural, of the earth, not commercial organic certified), chic and wearable clothing. The pieces were ready to wear, but were so unique and hip, they developed a near cult following that propelled Issey into stardom.
image is of something I should have bought. Probably women's, dunno. I don't really know what is going on in this image below. Looks like a strikeout, 80s cotton pyjama junk. Some pieces got it, some don't.
macya.jpg
025944-1.jpg
Just look up Plantation, you'll get some (few) hits. As for books, I think you should be the one recommending me any greatest hits (not necessarily miyake-related). I'm having a sudden yen to chow down on big art/fashion books.

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
more Damir Doma

10050730_262595_1000-1.jpg
10050730_262605_1000-1.jpg
10050730_262602_1000-1.jpg
IMG_0014-1.jpg

masked_aor-img450x600-1286379483womrgi65100.jpg

Undercover, Raf

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
robin, jet, somebody; anyone have a picture of the brown leather fishtail with the hand-painted back mural from a really old Raf collection? It may have been FW04 but could've been way earlier than that. Saw it on Y! jp a few years ago for $6000.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by softy
378168986.jpg

alien.gif

Originally Posted by impolyt_one
there were three of these at my house at one time, if I recall, I think they only made like 3 total, because one of the three was the runway sample.
lol8[1].gif

I think I know someone that had one of those then because some Korean girl I know has a friend that was selling one during the summer. Didn't fit me though.

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^There's one for sale on sufu atm.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics