• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

B&S Buyer wants to return something... Aren't NO returns an unwritten rule of B&S?

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
wow. what a situation they have here. like i said before...its like a sodomy video where it just gets worse as it goes along.

so whens the climax?

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just here as a senior member to say.. yep. No returns on B&S. I've only returned one item, and that's because it was a NWT item with an unadvertised tear in the fabric. I've also bought stuff that didn't fit, and didn't even think to try returning -- the bad fit is my problem, and I just resold the items.

x2

The only thing I returned was a SC that had tears in the lining on the interior of the armhole. The seller completely understood and was very apologetic, he did not notice this when selling. Needless to say we all left happy.

That being said, I have bought several items that did not fit, I kept them regardless because I knew what I was purchasing. They now sit in the back of my closet collecting dust :thumbs-up:

HomerJ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

and what outlet would that have been?

novel solution - i for my part am still wondering whether the costs to the buyer of somehow procuring a decent camera for five minutes to take a picture of staplegate are not indeed outweighed by the benefit of credibility, which has otherwise in my view been seriously diminished by the timing of said scandal.
It was at Neiman Marcus Last Call so I was able to return them. Pretty annoying experience and it sucked having to give up the shoes.

Regarding these AEs, lets hope they resolve this amicably in private...

Last edited:

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

SO in light of the last 7 pages, what is the general concencus of what I should do considering the aggravation and all? (were at page 7 of this thread in 12 hours! and you should only see my inbox)

Take the return. Buyer pays return shipping, fully insured. Refund the purchase price once you receive the shoes. End.

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

its like a sodomy video where it just gets worse as it goes along. so whens the climax?

He is currently building to a climax, a massive release is imminent.

GHo

Reaction score
Gotta love Type A, Tom Ford wearing, Super Model dating, Cuban Cigar smoking SF'ers fighting over $~36.

That shoe does look fucked btw.

:foo:

IsteRed

Reaction score

Classic SF gangbang. I feel sorry for Bongoboy.

+1,he seems like a totally nice guy and didn't do anything to get all this ****.

Icehawk

Reaction score
That surely does look like a defect to me :(

I can't honestly believe the buyer would sabotage the shoe but instead he did not bother looking at this second shoe until later - unfortunately it seems "convenient" for him from the seller's POV.

Considering Allaboutshoes does a fair amount of business, if I was in his shoes I'd take them back and just suck it up as part of business. It was one thing when it was about wrong size/color - I'm sticking to my guns there, B&S is a "no returns" venue barring defects or an incorrect description - but this seems now to be about a defect as well.

I don't enjoy doing it either but sometimes it is just easier to take a small loss rather than deal with a headache or possible repercussions (ie, bad press, loss of a contract, etc) later on. I don't know how AAS sources his shoes so this may be a serious loss to him if he takes it back but unfortunately, IMO, that is the price of business and you cannot hold the customer responsible.

donipham

Reaction score
I would say no return unless they have defects. Actually, I ordered a pair from you in the wrong size but I did not ask to return it because it was my mistake.

Last edited:

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got banned over something like this. Uniformed mob members pile on and the point and position of the buyer (and sometimes the OP) gets lost in the gangbang. Half of the comments posted in this thread show people don't read. They just sometimes look for an entry onto the bandwagon.

The seller should have been a gentleman and taken the shoes back, stated clearly his intent and policy going forward and shouldn't have left it up to unwritten rules. I don't buy AE seconds or even firsts for that matter but I would definitely not buy from this seller just on GP.

I've been on both sides of this coin and rarely does appealing to the mob result in a win for all.

Trust

Imhoff

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
What a slow day at the office... and then I come across this gem of a thread!!!

I once bought a pair of shoes on here in hopes they would fit because I liked the color. Ended up not fitting (too big). I didn't wear them, just held onto them for a bit, and then relisted them here on B&S, disclosing the situation at hand. Boom! Done!

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
:brick:

It always takes two to tango ... if both parties had good communication skill, this problem would never have happened

If it were me, my initial email to seller would have been something like:

Thank you for the shoes and a smooth transaction. I have left you positive feedback and I absolutely love the shoes. I hate to say this, but I messed up on the size. Is there any possibility of an exchange for a smaller width? I will shoulder all additional costs pertinent to any swap transfer. I understand you are under no obligation to agree to this proposal, this matter is entirely at your discression and would also be strongly dependent on whether you have any stock in a smaller size. Naturally if you do not have shoes to exchange, then my suggestion for a swap transfer is null and void. Hopefully you can help me out, but if you cannot, I will just resell the shoes. Best regards,

Seller Response: Unlikely to be negative.

Perhaps buyer wrote something like:

Thank you for the shoes but the shoes do not fit me and I dont like the color. I will return them to you, and you can refund or exchange shoes. I hate to go through Paypal dispute centre or CC, and I dont think I will do this if we can reach a mutually beneficial arrangement. Also, the shoes are damaged with a staple that was not mentioned in the AD. Best regards,

Seller Response: :fu:

Does not make the seller right, but I think he may have been victum of too much information, events, and stories where I can hardly blame him for having no patience or be in the mood to deal with the buyer rationally.

As to buyer, I do not think this is entirely his fault either. He seems legitimate, friendly, and honest. A bit inexperienced, disorganised and scatterbrained perhaps (no offense dude), but nonetheless workable to any seller with a calm mind and rationale.

My verdict, Seller and Buyer just let bygones be bygones, start from a fresh slate, and figure out a solution to the problem.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads