• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There you go, that's where I saw it. I get the smart company newsletter everyday, it's a good read. Was just confusing Farage with Zambelli. And to further confuse things Zambelli and Nic Green are the same company too. NG made some great shirts back in the day.

Zambelli made some good shirts, although their sillhouette never quite fit me properly. Similarly the Nic Green ones, which were good quality for the price, if a little predicatble in design. DJs used to stock the latter quite extensively. I can see how you might confuse Zambelli with Farage, as the two brands seemed to share a similar style and attract the same clientele.

I wonder who bought them out? I have a couple of theories but I don't want to start rumours.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today's outfit - I was thinking of wearing a blue bow tie but decided to go with the knit instead.

There might be a bit too much green in the outfit, but I was a bit bored with sky blue pocket squares and so decided to go with something with a bit more colour.

Please note that the colour of the jacket is most accurately represented in the last photo - it's not as dark as depicted in the first few photos.

- MTO blue cotton suit by Deer Style;
- Herringbone shirt;
- Navy knit tie with green dots by "High Tied" (SF member tobiasj);
- Herringbone silk/cotton paisley pocket square;
- Forest green cotton socks by Uniqlo;
- C&J Drummonds in beechnut.

lennier

Reaction score
So apparently it's Work in the Nude Day today. WAYWRN even more dangerous to view than normal I assume.

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

This is something I'm yet to work out, having never seen a Farage suit in the wild and never having been bothered to walk into their stores.

I recently found out Farage made all suits in Australia, which really suprised me. Apparently he will now offshore to China as many factories there are now producing a superior product.

But, given the prices on the Farage website I think we would all agree that there are much better options for the price. You could get a base PJ suit for the same price as many of them.

Farage bit hit and miss.. I find the shape a tad generous especially around the arms gauging by a guy at work that only wears Farage... His pants also sit too low for my liking and think it's a rear rise rather than front risen issue (looks lower at back)

strumpey

Reaction score
Thanks for the farage feedback. I walked past their store for the first time the other day on the way to MJ Bale. I think I remember something on their window about 2 suits for $950. But if MJ is a better option, I'll steer my wallet in their direction. Although I see MJ Bale website's inventory is quite low unfortunately.

crikva1

Reaction score
Sadly the search function on this forum (and most others) is worserer than useless. Which is a pity as there is much worth finding in older posts and threads.
If someone has made it work like a proper search engine I'd love to know.
Hi everyone. This method is not perfect but does the job. Try this search pattern in google:

site:styleforum.net

inurl:australian-members or any other thread title (or part thereof) as it appears in your browser's URL
(this is useful if you know which thread you wish to search within, otherwise leave it out in order to search the whole site)

For example, to search for "no socks" on this forum within the australian members thread, type this into google:

site:styleforum.net inurl:australian-members "no socks"

cheers.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hilditch and Key is having a good ol sale atm apparently, but like most Western gorilla sizing, my Asian T Rex arms are too short for their sleeves. I always wonder why shirtmakers stop at 34" sleeves with their 15" collar as standard sizing. Give me 33" dammit!

Last edited:

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not only that, blahman, I suspect they'd wouldn't be as slim fit as you'd like. I wonder if seventeen and a half hours without a post is a record for this thread.

How's the weather over where you are? It's hasn't hit the expected 37 degrees over here.

By the way, apart from Aspesi, does anyone here have recommendations for an M-65 jacket? I might just have to make a trip to the military surplus shops in Melbourne and pick one up. By all accounts, the advice has been to size down when you buy one of these.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads