• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Watched the most recent episodes of The Walking Dead and Boardwalk Empire. Both awesome.

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LOL, Ernesto - the "general vibe" :)

The constitution, Mabo, the vibe..

DartagnanRed

Reaction score
Thanks for the link and resource - it's very helpful.
Where does Farage sit? In the table or in the avoid section?
This is something I'm yet to work out, having never seen a Farage suit in the wild and never having been bothered to walk into their stores.

I recently found out Farage made all suits in Australia, which really suprised me. Apparently he will now offshore to China as many factories there are now producing a superior product.

But, given the prices on the Farage website I think we would all agree that there are much better options for the price. You could get a base PJ suit for the same price as many of them.

Marbles

Reaction score
Boardwalk Empire.
So many series I haven't had time to continue watching lately - this is one of them. Looked like a load of potential after the first couple eps & sounds like it doesn't disappoint.

The Ernesto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

LOL, Ernesto - the "general vibe" :)
The constitution, Mabo, the vibe..

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks to whomever it was that mentioned the landsend sale. The chinos I ordered just arrived. Can't complain for the price, Ill have to take them to the tailor to get the legs slimmed down a bit as even though I went with the tailored / slim style, still quite baggy, even factoring in the cost of that though I think I've come out ahead.

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the link and resource - it's very helpful.
Where does Farage sit? In the table or in the avoid section?

In the avoid section. Poorly cut and poorly made compared to Herringbone, MJ Bale etc. Their women's stuff seems to be much nicer, but the men's suits and shirts are overpriced and the quality is very hit and miss in my opinion.

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

In the avoid section. Poorly cut and poorly made compared to Herringbone, MJ Bale etc. Their women's stuff seems to be much nicer, but the men's suits and shirts are overpriced and the quality is very hit and miss in my opinion.

I agree.

TehBunny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it beneficial to soak sanforized denim even though it isn't needed?
Got my 3 sixteens they fit great everywhere except length; thinking of soaking to bring that down an inch or so and getting them hemmed at upthere.

Last edited:

joiji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it beneficial to soak sanforized denim even though it isn't needed?
Got my 3 sixteens they fit great everywhere except length; thinking of soaking to bring that down an inch or so and getting them hemmed at upthere.
Water will still change the dimensions to some degree. Up to you. Personally I'd get them hemmed about an inch or so too long. I washed some denim for a second time recently, and found the inseam shrunk again. If I'd had them hemmed to the correct length they would now be too short. YMMV of course, as these were not 3sixteens.

Petepan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great to hear. I didn't want anything skinny tight - so maybe these will work.

I have 2 pairs of jeans at the moment. One from Industrie and one from Wrangler. Neither really wowed me. The Nudies were a bit tight for my liking.
Not sure whether you know about this, but I have mentioned Corlection on Pitt Street quite a number of times. They are near the tram line. The guy is knowledgeable and they curate some great high quality Japanese denim for prices only 10% higher than Rakuten's prices. From memory, they stock Momotaro's, Pure Blue Japan, Strike Gold, Tenryo- all top notch stuff. Personally love the Strike Gold 14oz- world of difference. Once you see these, you won't ever go near Naked & Famous, APCs or Nudies with a barge pole.

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I thought I read that there parent company went in to administration a week or so ago? Or was that Zambelli.

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There you go, that's where I saw it. I get the smart company newsletter everyday, it's a good read. Was just confusing Farage with Zambelli. And to further confuse things Zambelli and Nic Green are the same company too. NG made some great shirts back in the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads