• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

At what age did you move out?

Etienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Moved out at 15 to go to school. Never back home for longer than a few weeks after that...

kaiserkarl

Reaction score
i want to move out because everyone seems to be moving in with me. parents, grandparents, uncles, cousins! ack!
laugh.gif

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I thought I'd be moving out this year but I'm graduating next week without a job. Maybe I'll just live in my parents' house forever! Hai mom and dad!

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
I thought I'd be moving out this year but I'm graduating next week without a job. Maybe I'll just become a bum! Hai mom and dad!

Wow, 30K. You should be employed by SF.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
I thought I'd be moving out this year but I'm graduating next week without a job. Maybe I'll just live in my parents' house forever! Hai mom and dad!
I'm in a somewhat similar predicament..

Mblova

Reaction score
I'm 23 and still live at home. Granted I moved back home after college.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went to college, came back home for my first college summer. After that I've never been home longer than a holiday weekend.

Although if I had to, I really wouldn't mind moving back in with my parents. We get along really well and I think they'd appreciate the company.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Moved to college right after high school (just turned 19) but spent the 1st year summer living at home.

First two years of college were in the dorms and the summer after 2nd year was the start of being in an apartment away from home...and it has been like that since then.

There was a brief moment after I had moved into that cheap sublet where I had the "holy **** it is just me out here" realization but I came to terms with that pretty quickly and now I don't even have roommates (though half of my former roommates live in like a 1 mile radius of me).

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
family split up when I was 15, lived on my own till I got married at 31.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I lived with my mum until I turned 18, then moved in with my dad for a year when I was 35 and he was getting cancer treatment.

One thing I like about the American university system/ culture is that it encourages kids to move-out at an earlier age. Most Australian kids stay with their parents until they graduate at 20 or 21.

zillka

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Étienne
Moved out at 15 to go to school. Never back home for longer than a few weeks after that...
yeh, but having ma and pa pay for your rent the first couple of years out of uni doesn't equate to moving out. moving out = pay your own rent/mortgage and at most a dinner from the parents when you go back home for Thanksgiving or picking up a large jar of condoms you forgot in your old room.

epliohunk

Reaction score

I used to go back every week ends to my parent's house to work but got REALLY fed up.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads