• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

johnshaw

Reaction score
What do you think will look better a navy paisley shirt under a navy jacket or a navy and orange tinted paisley tie with white shirt and navy jacket?

I don't want to look too loud or too conservative.

Thanks!

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What do you think will look better a navy paisley shirt under a navy jacket or a navy and orange tinted paisley tie with white shirt and navy jacket?

I don't want to look too loud or too conservative.

Thanks!

Well the first will make you look like a gigolo at best, so it's the second by default. Not that a blue and orange paisley tie is a particularly good look, either.

howyadoin

Reaction score
I've been going shopping for winter and I found this nice leather jacket. I'm about 5'7 and I went and got a size small. I was wondering if the fit was too big? Everything's fine but the sleeves seem too long or is it supposed to be like that? Should I go down to extra small? Thank you!

kayhill

Reaction score
I've been going shopping for winter and I found this nice leather jacket. I'm about 5'7 and I went and got a size small. I was wondering if the fit was too big? Everything's fine but the sleeves seem too long or is it supposed to be like that? Should I go down to extra small? Thank you!

How you doin? Sorry, couldn't resist.

The sleeves appear to be about an inch too long. Is it meant to be a bomber jacket kind of style? If so I'd say the length of the jacket itself might also be a tad too long given bombers are usually cut a bit shorter.

howyadoin

Reaction score
How you doin? Sorry, couldn't resist.

The sleeves appear to be about an inch too long. Is it meant to be a bomber jacket kind of style? If so I'd say the length of the jacket itself might also be a tad too long given bombers are usually cut a bit shorter.
Haha, well, well it's labeled as a "Faux Leather Biker Jacket." Is that a bomber jacket kind of style? The picture of the model wearing the jacket has the length of the sleeve a little above the end of the wrist.

I was thinking I should get a size down to an XS because I tried it on and the sleeve ended at my wrist however I feel like it would be too tight opposed to the sort of snug fit I get when I put my arms together in the size S I have right now. Are these kind of jackets supposed to fit pretty tight? The thing I'm most concerned about, though, is the fact that the length of the sleeve sits slightly above (or below depending on perspective) where my knuckles are (past the wrist, before the fingers). I feel like that is too long. Is going past the wrist but above the knuckles of the fingers acceptable? If not, I'll go for the smaller size so that the sleeve ends at the wrist.

Last edited:

kayhill

Reaction score
Yeah it looks like a bomber jacket style.

Is the XS so small that it's uncomfortable when you zip it up? Leather jackets should be fairly close fitting, but you should still have freedom of movement. The other option is to keep the S size and get the sleeves taken up. The jacket length does not appear to be to much of an issue, but the sleeve is definitely too long.

Having said that, I think the picture of the model shows a sleeve length that is slightly too short for the model.

Last edited:

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics