• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Apollotrader

Reaction score
for those in the middle of buying kids school uniforms like me take note Gap has 35% off with code gapfriends.

rudals1281

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Looking for my next suit - Charcoal Grey. What would you say is my best option?
1 - Mr. Fields in DC (Truly Custom made) - about 8 weeks(?)
2 - Zegna (Trofeo 11mm11) - 1 week
3 - Tom Ford - 1 week (+$500 more than Zegna)
This should be a no brainer, but just thut I asked before I pulled the trigger. I've been wearing Zegna for awhile and like "the look" that they have...basically, I know what I am getting from them. Tom Ford, I believe I may stick out like a sore thumb walking around in a TF suit in the Capitol Hill area.

indianshaft

Reaction score
What companies are similar to Carrol and Company in terms of quality?

Reaction score

Any idea what gosling's white v/crew tee undershirt is? either the style or where I can find one?

Thx

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Any idea what gosling's white v/crew tee undershirt is? either the style or where I can find one?

Thx

Looks like that is a simple white crew that he cut the collar off of and a **** down the middle. Kind of like here

arredondoae

Reaction score
This seems like a n00b question, but there's a lot of conflicting size charts out there. I wear a 9.5D in Allen Edmonds Cliftons (8 Last) and I'm considering some a pair of Grenson Kingsleys (204 Last). My inclination would be toward 9 UK; what do you think?

WSGII

Reaction score
I don't know if this is a stupid question or not, but here goes. I am going to buy a leather hooded bomber jacket, and I wanted to know if I should go with pitch black or dark chocolate brown. I am 6 foot 2 and fair skinned with dark brown hair and grey-blue eyes (no idea if that changes anything). Which colour should I go with? Thanks!

12345Michael54321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am going to buy a leather hooded bomber jacket

I have nothing against bomber jackets. But hooded ones? Well, I guess it could be worse. You could be asking about an extra-slim, extra-short hooded bomber jacket, after all.

Which colour should I go with?
There's no substitute for trying them on and seeing for yourself which look you prefer. (And bomber jackets are sufficiently popular that you can almost certainly find a black one and a brown one to try on. Even if they're not identical to the one you're thinking of buying, they'll at least give you some idea.)

That having been said, I prefer brown leather to black, for myself. I'm a big guy, and that - perhaps combined with some factor(s) having to do with my facial features or coloration or whatever - can sometimes make me look somewhere between intimidating and thuggish in a black leather jacket. This is not a look to which I aspire. It's not a significant problem with brown leather, however.

Maybe this is a relevant consideration for you. Maybe it isn't. But I thought I'd mention it.

BTW, I bought an Orient Bambino wristwatch, about an hour ago. It's got a black dial. It doesn't make my over-sized wrists look thuggish.

WSGII

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. I too see an intimidating look as something to avoid haha. I live in Virginia, but was up visiting family in DC, and found myself in a thrift shop esq store. They had a fairly impressive (and cheap compared to what I'd pay at a place like bloomingdales) array of leather jackets for men, and they have two leather hoodies like the ones I just mentioned. I love them both, but, as a college kid, have a budget. They look extremely similar to this Vince leather hoodie:
http://www.vince.com/hooded-leather...128&bklist=icat,4,shop,men,menfeaturedstyles3

Kriegmeyer

Reaction score
Hi,

My story is this:I bought this suit off ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ermenegil...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557 and because I wasnt very informed about the different styles in cut zegna uses, I found out that Fit Roma is a boxier more traditional cut, which is the opposite of what Im looking for, but taking into consideration that the suit is my size EU 48 Im thinking whether its worth taking it to a tailor and adjusting the chest from 21 to something smaller like 20 or 19 and also the waist.

Also , I would like your honest oppinion on whether or not I payed to much for a suit in this condition.

Thank you

JOLG

Reaction score
Is there any solid way to combine these pants with a sport coat or should I return them? They are not part of a suit actually.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads