• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

eddiecibrian

Reaction score

Bostonian shell cordovans or **** fakedovans

dupedd

Reaction score
I just picked up these Alden cap toe shell Cordovan shoes on ebay and I'm trying to figure out what model and last they are but I'm having trouble finding out because of the fading of the printed numbers/labels inside the shoe. Can anyone point me in the right direction to find out or does anyone have an idea what these are exactly? I'm worried from looking at pics of their cap toe dress shoes that these are maybe not even Aldens.

My apologies if not submitted in the right place, i'm new! Thanks for looking.

eqcitizen

Reaction score
I just picked up these Alden cap toe shell Cordovan shoes on ebay and I'm trying to figure out what model and last they are but I'm having trouble finding out because of the fading of the printed numbers/labels inside the shoe. Can anyone point me in the right direction to find out or does anyone have an idea what these are exactly? I'm worried from looking at pics of their cap toe dress shoes that these are maybe not even Aldens.

My apologies if not submitted in the right place, i'm new! Thanks for looking.

I am no Alden expert (or shoe expert for that matter - so someone could correct me) but looking at your pictures and comparing them to my two pairs of Aldens (that were purchased 16 years apart, one being less than a year ago) a few things seem to worry me as well.

Firstly, the symbol on the base of the heel looks like there is a circle in it (although it is quite faint) whereas the symbol on my two pairs is just the Alden name with the coat of arms, no circle.
Secondly, I have never seen an Alden with anything but a tan or grey inside.
Thirdly, both the heel and the bottom look a little weird. My advice is to call the factory and see if any of the numbers match up (even if they are partially faded) so you can be sure or email them exactly what you posted above.

(the phone number is at the bottom of the page).
http://www.aldenshoe.com/

Last edited:

saradavis

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I am Sara. I have a married life. Three years back I was married to Thomas Davis. I have a son and a daughter. Both are very sweet. I'll straight away get to the point now. My husband is say 6.5 feet and his physique is just like me (very slim). Whenever we go out to attend a party, he wears suit, but looks too bad, no matter how expensive the suit is. The moment he puts-on the coat his shoulder seems to shrink... Do you people think that he should avoid wearing suits and prefer more of formal shirt and trouser or is it something else....

donjuan17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it too early to wear pink pants yet? I know it's still winter and all but it feels like summer here in sunny L.A.
(Apologize if this is too casual)

Irish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
eBay snag at a nice price -- Canali Loro Piana 80/20 Cashmere/wool coat. Now... what do I wear it with? Denim will work, but in the office? Charcoal? Navy? I have a pair of brown flannel?
I generally stick to the navy/gray families so I'm hoping I didn't bite off more than I can chew with this. Thanks gents.

eqcitizen

Reaction score
Is it too early to wear pink pants yet? I know it's still winter and all but it feels like summer here in sunny L.A.
(Apologize if this is too casual)
I wouldnt really pay attention to the actual designation of Winter/Spring/Summer/Fall. I would pay attention to the usual temperature of a specific locale. If you live in Hawaii, you obviously arent going to don your tweeds as soon as December rolls around. So go for it.

PARTY

Reaction score
where to sell a $500 watch? i absolutely hate it. some minor wear, though (gift from an ex).

azumi

Reaction score
I want to buy an white cotton pcoket square but: cotton or linen? Any suggestion about under $60?
Thank you very much.

azumi

Reaction score
where to sell a $500 watch? i absolutely hate it. some minor wear, though (gift from an ex).
Lol, this man hate it because it's the present of his ex. What is the brand? You can post in the market place or give it to me if you really, really hate it :D. In my country, people usually send it back to their ex or throw away (of course under this case it's $500, you should not throw it away). Just kidding :D

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads