• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Apollotrader

Reaction score
With my wool dress pants, the waist is loose enough that it droops down in front (flat stomach) while in the back it is held up by my butt. This results in a pretty sloppy look, especially from the side. However, if I were to get the waist taken in, I believe that it would be too tight while sitting down. Any solution to this? Is the only way to cinch up my belt tighter while standing than sitting?

I just had the same issue and went to a really good local tailor, he was not complimentary of the fit the store had done to say the least. If it is done right you will not have to "cinch up".

Apollotrader

Reaction score
I just got a couple shirts back from my MTM guy in LA. He had to take the sides in a bit which he did but they also put darts in them??? I thought he would just take fabric out at the sides, are darts acceptable on a MTM shirt? Thank you in advance for your thoughts...

Anybody?

aw82

Reaction score
In that case a couple of khaki (or chinos, as they are sometimes called) would be a too alternative. You could get a stone colored one and a light caramel and you're good.

I just snagged a pair of Bill's Khakis in the Cramerton cloth (heavyweight) from MyHabit for $69: http://www.myhabit.com/#page=d&dept...=B008OXCJI6&cAsin=B008OXCK1M&ref=qd_b_img_d_5

Thoughts on this purchase? I'm not sure whether this is the M1, M2, or M3 fit. Also, I'm concerned that these might be too heavy for year-round wear in Texas. Would my money be better spent on a couple pair of Dockers or something else?

MarshMan114

Reaction score
So I purchased a pair of black PA's from Nordstrom during their sale last month and also purchase a pair of Hale Walnut directly from AE on sale. The size was not correct so I mailed them back and was informed they are no longer in production.
AE was very nice and said I could get another pair of shoes up to $335 (even though the ones I bought were $249). I really liked the look of the Hale and wanted some advice on what I should get instead.
These are my first 2 pairs of nice shoes and I would like to be able to wear them with suits and nicer/casual weekend wear. I really love the look of the Vernon, but is that "too dressy" for an all around shoe? The strands are nice/popular here, but I am not a huge fan of the medallion (hence my love for the Hale and Vernon).
What about the Monk strap?

irust

Reaction score
Quick question - what would be a good suit to buy as a college student of limited means? Thinking something in the <700 range that would be very slim fitting (I'm quite a skinny guy, 5'11 140lbs). I'm thinking something in a similar shape to APC suits...

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is not clothing related but I don't want to start a thread just for the question.
What are the small trees/plants people keep in their office called? I think it starts with an H, is there a thread on sf about this?
Thanks

Houseplants?

well yes, but the plant that I am referring to looks like a mini tree, and I believe people "groom" the tree as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads