• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Handcuffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there a better way to find jackets for larger individuals than sorting through the hundreds of posts on here and generally finding maybe one or two a week that fit?

Soemthing like a 56ish chest (EU)/38" pants? Even shoes are generally way smaller (i'm a 13E that can manage a 12.5 or something bigger).

New to SF, and while I love looking at the items available I am saddened that none of it really fits me.

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Handcuffed
Is there a better way to find jackets for larger individuals than sorting through the hundreds of posts on here and generally finding maybe one or two a week that fit?

Soemthing like a 56ish chest (EU)/38" pants? Even shoes are generally way smaller (i'm a 13E that can manage a 12.5 or something bigger).

New to SF, and while I love looking at the items available I am saddened that none of it really fits me.

56 Italian is like a 44 US. That's not large.

PantsOfFire

Reaction score
New to the forum so apologies if I'm asking in the wrong place.

I need a suit for weddings (not mine), as a totally unfashionable man that has never had a need for suits in the past I'm at a bit of a loss.

I have around £1000 to spend and live near London.

Any suggestions of shops/tailors would be welcome.

Cheers,

Mark

Guybrush

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PantsOfFire

I need a suit for weddings (not mine), as a totally unfashionable man that has never had a need for suits in the past I'm at a bit of a loss.

Cheers,

Mark

Moss Bros is reasonable, I think. Off the top of my head, Suits You but I wouldn't know anything about the quality of the garms.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cheers,

Mark

I'm not in London, but others here have recommended Graham Brown and Cad and Dandy. If you do a search, you should find a bit of information on both.

PantsOfFire

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KObalto
I'm not in London, but others here have recommended Graham Brown and Cad and Dandy. If you do a search, you should find a bit of information on both.

Going to go see the Cad & Dandy on Monday, think I'll go for a three piece cause I like waist coats (never owned a waist coat).

Any suggestions on current fashions?

drbaw

Reaction score
I'm off to law school. All my nice shoes are brown or cordovan. I suppose I ought to buy a pair of nondescript black shoes. Could the lawyers in the crowd tell me if AE Fifth Aves would be an appropriate shoe for interviewing with NYC V5 firms or is the perforation too ostentatious? If so, it'd be nice to pick them up during the sale.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drbaw
I'm off to law school. All my nice shoes are brown or cordovan. I suppose I ought to buy a pair of nondescript black shoes. Could the lawyers in the crowd tell me if AE Fifth Aves would be an appropriate shoe for interviewing with NYC V5 firms or is the perforation too ostentatious? If so, it'd be nice to pick them up during the sale.

Plenty conservative for your needs.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Going to go see the Cad & Dandy on Monday, think I'll go for a three piece cause I like waist coats (never owned a waist coat).

Any suggestions on current fashions?

Go for fully canvassed if you can afford it.

polar-lemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drbaw

Not a lawyer, but nothing offensive about a punch cap in any line of business.

bugatti.veyron

Reaction score
Hey, just wondering if anyone can recommend some websites/places to buy ralph lauren black label at a discount (other than ebay and this forum)?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads