Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Handcuffed

Handcuffed Senior member

Is there a better way to find jackets for larger individuals than sorting through the hundreds of posts on here and generally finding maybe one or two a week that fit?

Soemthing like a 56ish chest (EU)/38" pants? Even shoes are generally way smaller (i'm a 13E that can manage a 12.5 or something bigger).

New to SF, and while I love looking at the items available I am saddened that none of it really fits me.

2. Nicola

Nicola Senior member

Is there a better way to find jackets for larger individuals than sorting through the hundreds of posts on here and generally finding maybe one or two a week that fit?

Soemthing like a 56ish chest (EU)/38" pants? Even shoes are generally way smaller (i'm a 13E that can manage a 12.5 or something bigger).

New to SF, and while I love looking at the items available I am saddened that none of it really fits me.

56 Italian is like a 44 US. That's not large.

3. Handcuffed

Handcuffed Senior member

how about as large as a 62 italian?

4. PantsOfFire

PantsOfFire New Member

New to the forum so apologies if I'm asking in the wrong place.

I need a suit for weddings (not mine), as a totally unfashionable man that has never had a need for suits in the past I'm at a bit of a loss.

I have around £1000 to spend and live near London.

Any suggestions of shops/tailors would be welcome.

Cheers,

Mark

5. Guybrush

Guybrush New Member

I need a suit for weddings (not mine), as a totally unfashionable man that has never had a need for suits in the past I'm at a bit of a loss.

Cheers,

Mark

Moss Bros is reasonable, I think. Off the top of my head, Suits You but I wouldn't know anything about the quality of the garms.

6. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

7. KObalto

KObalto Senior member

Cheers,

Mark

I'm not in London, but others here have recommended Graham Brown and Cad and Dandy. If you do a search, you should find a bit of information on both.

8. PantsOfFire

PantsOfFire New Member

I'm not in London, but others here have recommended Graham Brown and Cad and Dandy. If you do a search, you should find a bit of information on both.

Going to go see the Cad & Dandy on Monday, think I'll go for a three piece cause I like waist coats (never owned a waist coat).

Any suggestions on current fashions?

9. drbaw

drbaw Well-Known Member

I'm off to law school. All my nice shoes are brown or cordovan. I suppose I ought to buy a pair of nondescript black shoes. Could the lawyers in the crowd tell me if AE Fifth Aves would be an appropriate shoe for interviewing with NYC V5 firms or is the perforation too ostentatious? If so, it'd be nice to pick them up during the sale.

10. KObalto

KObalto Senior member

I'm off to law school. All my nice shoes are brown or cordovan. I suppose I ought to buy a pair of nondescript black shoes. Could the lawyers in the crowd tell me if AE Fifth Aves would be an appropriate shoe for interviewing with NYC V5 firms or is the perforation too ostentatious? If so, it'd be nice to pick them up during the sale.

Plenty conservative for your needs.

11. KObalto

KObalto Senior member

Going to go see the Cad & Dandy on Monday, think I'll go for a three piece cause I like waist coats (never owned a waist coat).

Any suggestions on current fashions?

Go for fully canvassed if you can afford it.

12. polar-lemon

polar-lemon Senior member

Not a lawyer, but nothing offensive about a punch cap in any line of business.

13. bugatti.veyron

bugatti.veyron Senior member

Hey, just wondering if anyone can recommend some websites/places to buy ralph lauren black label at a discount (other than ebay and this forum)?

14. i10casual

i10casual Senior member

Are Baracuta "made in England" jackets worth the quid?

15. bugatti.veyron

bugatti.veyron Senior member