• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Shockwave

Reaction score
I have a question about YOOX. Do they restock their products or are the most products one-time offers? Thanks in advance.

mouseandcat

Reaction score
does anyone know where i can get obenaufs (brick and mortar) in philly or manhattan?

EZETHATSME

Reaction score
^ I have no idea or I'd answer!
smile.gif
Maybe start a new thread in MC, as I don't think all that many members check this thread... Good luck. EZ

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cchen
help pls

I don't know anything about Hong Kong, but a pair of tan or gray pants, a navy blazer, and a white shirt without a tie and some sharp shoes is pretty much always appropriate anywhere. That's the sort of uniform I bring when I travel.

If you feel overdressed, lose the blazer. If you feel underdressed, slap on a tie.

hobscrk777

Reaction score
Does AE offer cordovan seconds from their shoe bank? In particular, I'm looking for a pair of burgundy shell Leeds, just don't want to pay anything close to retail.

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hobscrk777
Does AE offer cordovan seconds from their shoe bank? In particular, I'm looking for a pair of burgundy shell Leeds, just don't want to pay anything close to retail.

They don't always have many available but if you can find them the price is about $425.

AnnSOS

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AnGeLiCbOrIs
I picked up this ISAIA suit in size 40R and 40S. Which should I keep? Don't worry about the sleeve length since they are still basted. Looking at the pics, I'm leaning heavily towards the 40R.
P1120261-1.jpg
P1120267-1.jpg
P1070546.jpg

The hem of the jacket should be at the exact midpoint between the base of the collar at the nape of your neck and the top of the sole of your shoe. Longer than that and your legs start looking short. You can determine this with a friend and a tape, but visually, I'm leaning toward the short.

poissa

Reaction score
I got a pair of AEs that are experiencing premature creasing. I've worn the pair fewer than ten times. My mistake was not applying a leather conditioner to the shoe immediately after purchasing the shoe. Since wearing them several times I have polished the shoe using a neutral color.

To protect the shoe my inclination is to strip the polish and condition the shoe. Should I take this to a cobbler? Longevity is hurting!

ajv

Reaction score
Poissa,

You can remove the polish easily by warming the shoe softly with a hair dryer a some soft cloth, like an old shirt or boxers in cotton.
I would advise to use neutral polish as little as possible, the chemical composition is not the same as the coloured ones and it has a tendency to dry the leather.
Regarding the creases, it is not only a question of the products you use to care for them. You must use shoe trees after each wear, which will restretch the leather. But the way you fit the shoe, the way you walk and the quality of the lether will also greatly infulence the creasing.

Adrian

bugatti.veyron

Reaction score
What color tie goes with a very dark charcoal sweater and a light blue or white striped shirt?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads