Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Shockwave

Shockwave New Member

I have a question about YOOX. Do they restock their products or are the most products one-time offers? Thanks in advance.

2. cchen

cchen Senior member

I have a question about YOOX. Do they restock their products or are the most products one-time offers? Thanks in advance.

no restocks

3. mouseandcat

mouseandcat Senior member

does anyone know where i can get obenaufs (brick and mortar) in philly or manhattan?

4. cchen

cchen Senior member

what does smart casual mean in hong kong? is that the equivalent of business casual in the states? are jeans allowed under smart casual? help!!

help pls

5. EZETHATSME

EZETHATSME Senior member

^ I have no idea or I'd answer! [​IMG] Maybe start a new thread in MC, as I don't think all that many members check this thread... Good luck. EZ

6. bleachboy

bleachboy Senior member

help pls

I don't know anything about Hong Kong, but a pair of tan or gray pants, a navy blazer, and a white shirt without a tie and some sharp shoes is pretty much always appropriate anywhere. That's the sort of uniform I bring when I travel.

If you feel overdressed, lose the blazer. If you feel underdressed, slap on a tie.

7. hobscrk777

hobscrk777 Senior member

Does AE offer cordovan seconds from their shoe bank? In particular, I'm looking for a pair of burgundy shell Leeds, just don't want to pay anything close to retail.

8. AnGeLiCbOrIs

AnGeLiCbOrIs Affiliate Vendor

Does AE offer cordovan seconds from their shoe bank? In particular, I'm looking for a pair of burgundy shell Leeds, just don't want to pay anything close to retail.

They don't always have many available but if you can find them the price is about $425.

9. Red Glasses

Red Glasses Senior member

I saw a nice scarf, but it was 2 meters long.
    Isn't that very long?

10. AnnSOS

AnnSOS Active Member

I picked up this ISAIA suit in size 40R and 40S. Which should I keep? Don't worry about the sleeve length since they are still basted. Looking at the pics, I'm leaning heavily towards the 40R. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    The hem of the jacket should be at the exact midpoint between the base of the collar at the nape of your neck and the top of the sole of your shoe. Longer than that and your legs start looking short. You can determine this with a friend and a tape, but visually, I'm leaning toward the short.

11. poissa

poissa Senior member

I got a pair of AEs that are experiencing premature creasing. I've worn the pair fewer than ten times. My mistake was not applying a leather conditioner to the shoe immediately after purchasing the shoe. Since wearing them several times I have polished the shoe using a neutral color.

To protect the shoe my inclination is to strip the polish and condition the shoe. Should I take this to a cobbler? Longevity is hurting!

12. ajv

ajv Senior member

Poissa,

You can remove the polish easily by warming the shoe softly with a hair dryer a some soft cloth, like an old shirt or boxers in cotton.
    I would advise to use neutral polish as little as possible, the chemical composition is not the same as the coloured ones and it has a tendency to dry the leather.
    Regarding the creases, it is not only a question of the products you use to care for them. You must use shoe trees after each wear, which will restretch the leather. But the way you fit the shoe, the way you walk and the quality of the lether will also greatly infulence the creasing.

Adrian

13. bugatti.veyron

bugatti.veyron Senior member

What color tie goes with a very dark charcoal sweater and a light blue or white striped shirt?

14. mrchapel

mrchapel Senior member

What's a good leather conditioner for shoes?

15. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

What color tie goes with a very dark charcoal sweater and a light blue or white striped shirt?

Anything.