1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. cmcwhirter

cmcwhirter Member

http://www.ebay.com/itm/22153461827...rkparms=gh1g=I221534618270.N5.S2.M2017.R1.TR5

Authentic Burberry, or cheap knock off?

I didn't really care at first.. now that its over $125.00, i'd like to confirm it is authentic. The seller bought it off ebay a couple years ago and is representing it as authentic, but I cannot find it in any collection that Burberry has released in recent history.

A second opinion is much needed.

2. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

I like the red but I'm not a fan of chartreuse

3. theary101

theary101 New Member

Looking for this anorak jacket, but can't find it. Would appreciate any help finding it.

Cheers!

[​IMG]

4. notmost

notmost Active Member

[​IMG]
    I know this is Salvatore ferragamo but is this a funky shirt or a blazer?

5. ShoutOutsFoMyBo

ShoutOutsFoMyBo Senior member

wasn't that guy on true detective

6. wantalookgood

wantalookgood New Member

Does anyone know what to call this type of pattern in this dress shirt. I believe it is an express shirt but they no longer sale it and I would like to find something similar to it. Thank you for any help.[​IMG]

7. Messiah

Messiah New Member

I have a 28 inch inseam, looking to buy a pair of Nudie jeans. I can get a used pair of Ebay with a 32' inseam, would it be worth buying these and getting them hemmed or would this look awkward since it was cut for a taller person? If there is fading, will it look odd?

8. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

As long as they are not washed jeans with distress markst aroung the knees, you should probably be fine. I say probably, because there re different types of jeans. If the jeans start tapering at the waist, you'll be good to go. However, if the jeans taper to the knees, and then are straight thereafter, the jeans might look a bit off.

Nudies are not "that" expensive, particularly not on sale. I would highly recommend that you get a pair from a store with a good return policy, so that you can actually try them on, and see for yourself. Also, AFAIK, Nudie makes jeanss with a S inseam, about 30". Those would be a better starting point for you.

9. LA Guy

It's a leisure shirt. I think that the test is to say "Can I wear this with nothing on underneath without looking like a WWE wrestler?"

10. LA Guy

Try Folk or Garbstore, and stores like www.oipolloi.com.

11. mixedmajik

mixedmajik Senior member

Hi, I am just wondering if after a week of trying to break in sperries around the house, if they still don't fit length-wise, should I be thinking of selling them instead of wishfully thinking they will eventually fit? I can't return them to the store I bought them in since I bought them out in another city. Plus I didn't keep the receipt because I'm an idiot. Thanks.

12. JjasonL

JjasonL Senior member

have a pair of pbj raw denim what was a bit damp due to sweating throughout the day. was thinking about tossing them into the dryer with a couple of dryer sheets to dry and freshen them up. would this be wise? yay or nay?

13. JjasonL

JjasonL Senior member

btw, putting in the dryer unwashed..

14. JjasonL

JjasonL Senior member

a&f lol.. or ax, j brand, 7 for all mankind
    but why not get raw and make them yourself!!

15. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Just hang them up outside or whatever to let them air out a bit.

16. azumi

azumi Senior member

Is it appropriate to wear a beige/white linen pants/shorts with navy tassel loafers?

17. loarbmhs

loarbmhs Senior member

I wouldn't worry about the color of the pants; I'd worry about the shoes. I don't wear navy shoes, and wouldn't even consider them, with the possible exception of some sort of deck shoe. Maybe just a personal quirk, but to me, blue dress shoes--even tasseled ones--are just plain weird.

1 person likes this.
  18. mixedmajik

mixedmajik Senior member

Bumping my question since I didn't get an answer. Also adding the fact that I do own another pair of sperries (and have had those for 2 years) in 8.5 but they feel slightly too long. Ideally I'm an 8.25 which is why I'm struggling here i.e. can I expect the 8's I'm struggling with to indeed break in further to the point of being an 8.2,5 length?

Last edited: Sep 5, 2014
  19. The Thin Man

The Thin Man Senior member

Sell them. Shoes don't grow in length. Maybe this isn't the brand for you.

20. thediggs3313

thediggs3313 Member

Hey guys,

I have a wedding to attend tomorrow, and need some last minute advice on a shirt/tie combo. I picked up this Calvin Klein Burgundy Check shirt last night. When I tried it on, I was unhappy with the fit (too big). I also began questioning if I really liked the shirt with the suit. I may return it today and pick up a different shirt, unless there are some positive responses to this one. Any help/opinions would be fantastic. Thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]