• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

XeF4

Reaction score
I have a pair of desert boots that are taking in water when it's wet outside. What is the best way to go about sealing them? I believe the water is coming in at the stitching on the sole.

vaalbara

Reaction score

I have a pair of desert boots that are taking in water when it's wet outside. What is the best way to go about sealing them? I believe the water is coming in at the stitching on the sole.

the name "desert boots" didn't tip you off?

i've tried sealing mine off, but really the best option is just to get a pair of actual waterproof boots

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No experience with the clothes, but didn't have any problems re a few deliveries of household goods - time and packing. If you can, wait for the sales, the full prices are a bit over and a healthy discount is given. Think the men's clothing is new, a web search re the women's may throw up some comments on how fixed/variable quality and fit are.

Cheers,
WIGS
Thanks for the feedback. It's a little hard to search for, considering the name. What I did find, though, was that they usually do a big January sale. Many of their garments say 'UK raw materials', which makes me think that maybe they are made in China.

theclipper

Reaction score

It looks a little blousy in the midsection, but it's a damn fine coat. Like someone else said, you're going to have a really hard to finding a perfect-fit coat at 130.
...You could always sell the 3-sixteen to me...:embar:

Thanks for the kind words :). I'm definitely going to go ahead and hang onto as my winter coat this year. Is it something worth trying to get taken in a bit or is that a big hassle on a coat like this?

Thanks!

BBSLM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
who is this made by?

tumblr_l8bni2NYac1qap4iqo1_500.jpg

miran

Reaction score
I'm a usual suit size 46 In the US (I guess that's 56 Italian). I've been admiring Jil Sander for a while now, but can't find anything in my size anywhere. Does anyone know if Jil Sander does not make in sizes other than US 36 38 40? I'm very surprised, given Jil Sander is German, and most German guys are tall and well-built...

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm a usual suit size 46 In the US (I guess that's 56 Italian). I've been admiring Jil Sander for a while now, but can't find anything in my size anywhere. Does anyone know if Jil Sander does not make in sizes other than US 36 38 40? I'm very surprised, given Jil Sander is German, and most German guys are tall and well-built...

I'm pretty sure they have size 46. Quick look at Yoox had one suit - http://www.yoox.com/item/YOOX/JIL+SANDER/dept/men/tskay/3FD17CD7/rr/1/cod10/49120436DU/sts/sr_men80

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are some really good threads here on fall/winter coats for men but I'm looking for a great quality, versatile and stylish coat for my mom that's good for rainy fall weather. Mid-thigh length preferable, water resistant or water proof even better. Any brand recommendations?

LukeM

Reaction score

Thoughts on wearing a fidelity pea coat with some tapered raw denim, brown boots and this backpack? Any backpacks that would work better? and would also go with the jcrew trapper jacket? (for college/university)

hughesbryant

Reaction score
Do not buy that Herschel backpack. I bought one for this year thinking it would be a great idea, arrived all tattered with poor stitching. The loop on the nylon strap that holds the arm to your back pack ripped so I have to be careful or the one arm will come off. I sent it back for warranty and it's been over three weeks, poor customer service. I bought one of Supreme's new damier bags when I sent out the Herschel and it's a world of difference.

Riio

Reaction score
Can a tailor make a shirt not flare out at the bottom when untucked? All of my button-up shirts do it to some degree except for a really oversized one that just kinda hangs off my shoulders.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads