• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
flare out at the bottom? i'll ask monday when i go in for some alterations, but i believe the waist might be too wide? so have it taken in for your shirts. i have similar situation, but more to do with a lot of wrinkles when i tuck my shirts in, like bunching.

i.e.:

Last edited:

Riio

Reaction score
I dunno, it doesn't feel like the waist is too wide. Like here, my oversized shirt hangs straight down and pretty much looks the way I want it to.
TI4k3.jpg

This is how all my true-to-size shirts fit though - see how it flares out at the bottom:
vmLj8.jpg

I wear t-shirts most of the time because I don't like how the shirt flare messes with my proportions and makes my waist look super wide. Can a tailor fix this?

Last edited:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
To me the flare is very unnoticeable. Looks like how I wear my shirts not tucked.

This maybe a better question suited for the MC side. what are the measurements? chest, waist, hip?
if you are worried about hip flare due to the shirt, you can have it taper starting from your chest down or perhaps just shorten the shirt before it hits your hip area or both to accentuate more of a v

Last edited:

Alfa159

Reaction score
Just bought a +j cardigan in black (heavy gauge), but don't know what to wear with it. Any ideas?

philie

Reaction score
does anyone know how the pen field hoosac parka fits?
is it more like a regular sized thing or how?
thanks

zerostyle

Reaction score
Where can I find some longwings that meet the following criteria:

1. Have a darker brown color so the brogueing is more subtle
2. Price < $300 USD

Something similar to these florsheim duckie browns but less than $450!!!

048xz.png

Basically, just looking for a nice brown shoe to wear with jeans that's less flashy than say, the strands in walnut.

Last edited:

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Where can I find some longwings that meet the following criteria:
1. Have a darker brown color so the brogueing is more subtle
2. Price < $300 USD
Something similar to these florsheim duckie browns but less than $450!!!
048xz.png

Basically, just looking for a nice brown shoe to wear with jeans that's less flashy than say, the strands in walnut.

I love the contrast of my Walnut Lombards with dark indigo but if that's not the case there used to be a few PS ones that were darker I believe

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I dunno, it doesn't feel like the waist is too wide. Like here, my oversized shirt hangs straight down and pretty much looks the way I want it to.
TI4k3.jpg

This is how all my true-to-size shirts fit though - see how it flares out at the bottom:
vmLj8.jpg

I wear t-shirts most of the time because I don't like how the shirt flare messes with my proportions and makes my waist look super wide. Can a tailor fix this?

It looks flared because the waist on the second shirt is tapered a lot more than the first. If you lay them both flat you'll notice the body of the first is like this | | or \ / while the second is like ) (. Hope that makes sense.

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi. I´m looking get a pair of lounge trousers. I wantSomething that i can relax with is but it´s also presentable, so maybe a mix of loungy/dressy. They could be a little drop crotch, but no so much as if there isn´t any crotch at all. And I understand that drop crotch probably doesn´t go along with dressy, but something in between everything I said.
I´ve seen brands such as Damir Doma and ann demeulemeester do something along those lines, but if you could recommend others or if you´ve seen own trousers similar to what i´m looking and post pics or w.e, i´d appreciate it.

Edited to add something similar to what i want, and also to ask what you think of it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KRIS-VAN-AS...953301?pt=US_CSA_MC_Pants&hash=item336745b395

I wished there was a fit pic to see how they look on...

Last edited:

Frost410

Reaction score
Are there Ralph Lauren Polo shirts made in great britain? Just ran across a nice one that had the established logo on the inside collar but said britain on it. Wanted to check with you guys.

LukeM

Reaction score
Best place (online store that ships to Canada) to get some grey and brown wool gloves and some matching scarves? ~$30 each

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone tried to tailor a blazer that was just a touch too big in the shoulders? Is it possible or should I just give up while I'm ahead?

That's a pretty tricky and expensive alteration that rarely comes out looking great.. Best to quit while you're ahead.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads