• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Archibald London: true craftsmanship, no middlemen, Official Vendor Thread

Davakint

Reaction score
I ordered the SF-01 Ultralight in May 2023, and have just checked in and the delivery has been pushed (again…and again…) to mid October now from an original target of July. I’ve asked to cancel the order but am directed to the very onerous terms and offered store credit instead, but I’m not really clear if this company’s products actually exist so that’s not really a palatable option.

Will be pursuing my options but just wanted to flag here so others can avoid in the future and also to see if anyone has had any success in dealing with this company, as it’s starting to look like it’s simply a scam. Any responses very much appreciated and welcome!
Got two pairs (had three pairs) from previous batches. My order from April had also been pushed to mid October, but not too worried that they won't be delivered.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered the SF-01 Ultralight in May 2023, and have just checked in and the delivery has been pushed (again…and again…) to mid October now from an original target of July. I’ve asked to cancel the order but am directed to the very onerous terms and offered store credit instead, but I’m not really clear if this company’s products actually exist so that’s not really a palatable option.

Will be pursuing my options but just wanted to flag here so others can avoid in the future and also to see if anyone has had any success in dealing with this company, as it’s starting to look like it’s simply a scam. Any responses very much appreciated and welcome!
I have 5 pairs, waiting on the 6th.
My latest was for June delivery, which is now mid-October like yours.
The shoes are great, and will come.
Product delivery is to put it kindly.............an adventure

absurdian

Reaction score

I placed an order for 2 pairs of the SF-01 v3 in December 2022, one of them shipped out last month and I just received the other last week.

Reaction score
UPDATE! The shoes (SF01-v3) finally arrived! They look great and are very comfortable right out of the box. Very satisfied with the high quality and strongly considering getting another pair. My biggest hesitation though is the super long, uncertain and constantly delayed delivery date. If that can be fixed then I’d place another order right now. But I don’t know if I can stomach another ~9 months between purchase and delivery (for reference I purchased on 12/22 and received today 9/18).

Time aside, just to restate: amazing shoes, high quality, def worth the $, but the delivery time kills the deal.

Last edited:

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
UPDATE! The shoes (SF01-v3) finally arrived! They look great and are very comfortable right out of the box. Very satisfied with the high quality and strongly considering getting another pair. My biggest hesitation though is the super long, uncertain and constantly delayed delivery date. If that can be fixed then I’d place another order right now. But I don’t know if I can stomach another ~9 months between purchase and delivery (for reference I purchased on 12/22 and received today 9/18).

Time aside, just to restate: amazing shoes, high quality, def worth the $, but the delivery time kills the deal.
There is no way this acct is not a throwaway from someone at Arch.

Reaction score
There is no way this acct is not a throwaway from someone at Arch.
I get that it sounds that way but please also take into account my post history on this thread about delivery delays.
My post above says that while the shoes are good quality for the money, the crazy long and unreliable delivery times are too extreme to warrant another purchase.
Again, if you check my post history on this thread, you can see I’ve been quite vocal about my frustration with Archibald. Rather than just leave those posts unresolved, it is only fair to acknowledge that I did finally receive them (after an insane 9 mo wait), and they are of good quality for the money.
In sum, not a fake review, it- combined with my post history on this thread-has been my honest experience from start to finish. Hopefully it helps others make a more informed decision…both with regard to making a purchase decision (and self-manage expectations because archibald sure won’t) as well as for archibald in deciding whether it is worth it business-wise to perhaps (i) select more reliable suppliers who respect their customers and/or (ii) holding current suppliers a bit more accountable.

brianwong

Reaction score
As I come to 1 year of my SF01v3 buying journey (ordeal is a better word), here is an update of how things are going (spoiler - they aren't):

TL : DR
- Delays by craftsman and mistakes by the AL team have led to a 12 months (and still ongoing) wait for a pair of shoes that I should've received in Jan 23
- Non-existent effort made to do right by affected customers, all empty words and unfulfiled promises
- Terrible communication and response times - they won't follow up and half the time, "forget" to hit the reply button or read the message

Here is the rather disappointing story of how my SF01v3 journey has gone so far:
- 04/10/22 - placed an order for a pair of SF01v3 - EDD Dec 22 - Dec 26 was given at the time of order
- 23/01/23 - First contact from AL since ordering, informed my pair of shoes was damaged during shipping. Was offered either an alternate colour or to have my pair added to next batch and have the "craftsmen expedite the same as much as possible" - chose to go for remake - at this time I saw on the site that batch closed late Feb-early March
- 11/03/23 - No updates from AL so emailed support to check on order, informed that closing date was extended and ETA for craftsmen shifted from mid March to early-mid April - so my order didnt actually get expedited (broken promise)
- 06/05/23 - No further updates since March so emailed to check, informed that late May is now the new ETA
- 07/06/23 -Still no further update from team so emailed support again and now informed ETA sliding to mid-late June - I replied expressing my frustration and asking as to how they were actually expediting my order - I didn't get a reply to this
- 08/07/23 - Emailed again expressing frustration and asking for a refund if no ETA could be given, once again, no reply
- 09/07/23 - First posted in this thread and finally got a DM from Rohan
- 16/07/23 - Long message from Rohan about reason for delays, promised a "gesture" for those who have been affected. Told that shoes were shipping "next week" - expressed my frustration about the poor communication
- 20/07/23 - Reply from Rohan, promised "express shipping" for my pair of shoes, more explanations about why CS didn't reply to emails
- 29/07/23 - Told shoes were shipping from Italy, referred to customer service on Whatsapp who would have more info. Got in touch on Whatsapp and got the same copied and pasted message that I was sent by Rohan regarding delays
- 10/08/23 - Sent a few messages in the days preceding which were ignored. Told by CS they "missed" the messages and finally after asking 3 times in 2 months for a refund, given the long delays and lack of concrete ETA, this was finally acknowledged
- 16/8/23 - Told that refund couldn't be processed on my card due to how long it has been since the purchase date (that's how much of a joke this has been). Offered a bank transfer if wanting to cancel my order, or store credits in the interim if wanting to keep order - decided against my better judgement to give AL one more chance and take the store credit and keep the order open
- 06/09/23 - After a few missed replies and back and forth on Whatsapp, finally got the email that shoes were shipped (unfortunately not the next week i was promised back in July) - I note that the store credit was never actually processed for me (broken promise), and that the shoes were not shipped on express shipping (broken promise)
- 21/09/23 - Shoes finally arrived - and they are the wrong colour - told by CS that there was "a mistake with dispatch" - you'd think after all these delays and mistakes it wouldn't have been that hard to just cross check some of the orders and make sure you didn't screw up the last step

Have been told on 22/9 they will check stock and hopefully have a pair of the correct colour, but of course, I'm still waiting to hear back. I was offered a possible "discount" for me keeping the incorrect colour (which I think frankly is an unacceptable option especially for the amount of time I have waited). So who knows when I will get my shoes, maybe that Dec 22-26 was the correct EDD, just that it was 2023 and not 2022...

I'm sick and tired of this BS @ArchibaldRoh and @ArchibaldNat, you've mentioned to me how difficult it is since handwelt-gate and how you've lost all momentum in the brand, but I'm not seeing exactly how you think treating your customers like this will help bring it back?

Last edited:

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As I come to 1 year of my SF01v3 buying journey (ordeal is a better word), here is an update of how things are going (spoiler - they aren't):

- Delays by craftsman and mistakes by the AL team have led to a 12 months (and still ongoing) wait for a pair of shoes that I should've received in Jan 23
- Non-existent effort made to do right by affected customers, all empty words and unfulfiled promises
- Terrible communication and response times - they won't follow up and half the time, "forget" to hit the reply button or read the message

Here is the rather disappointing story of how my SF01v3 journey has gone so far:
- 04/10/22 - placed an order for a pair of SF01v3 - EDD Dec 22 - Dec 26 was given at the time of order
- 23/01/23 - First contact from AL since ordering, informed my pair of shoes was damaged during shipping. Was offered either an alternate colour or to have my pair added to next batch and have the "craftsmen expedite the same as much as possible" - chose to go for remake - at this time I saw on the site that batch closed late Feb-early March
- 11/03/23 - No updates from AL so emailed support to check on order, informed that closing date was extended and ETA for craftsmen shifted from mid March to early-mid April - so my order didnt actually get expedited (broken promise)
- 06/05/23 - No further updates since March so emailed to check, informed that late May is now the new ETA
- 07/06/23 -Still no further update from team so emailed support again and now informed ETA sliding to mid-late June - I replied expressing my frustration and asking as to how they were actually expediting my order - I didn't get a reply to this
- 08/07/23 - Emailed again expressing frustration and asking for a refund if no ETA could be given, once again, no reply
- 16/07/23 - Long message from Rohan about reason for delays, promised a "gesture" for those who have been affected. Told that shoes were shipping "next week" - expressed my frustration about the poor communication
- 20/07/23 - Reply from Rohan, promised "express shipping" for my pair of shoes, more explanations about why CS didn't reply to emails
- 29/07/23 - Told shoes were shipping from Italy, referred to customer service on Whatsapp who would have more info. Got in touch on Whatsapp and got the same copied and pasted message that I was sent by Rohan regarding delays
- 10/08/23 - Sent a few messages in the days preceding which were ignored. Told by CS they "missed" the messages and finally after asking 3 times in 2 months for a refund, given the long delays and lack of concrete ETA, this was finally acknowledged
- 16/8/23 - Told that refund couldn't be processed on my card due to how long it has been since the purchase date (that's how much of a joke this has been). Offered a bank transfer if wanting to cancel my order, or store credits in the interim if wanting to keep order - decided against my better judgement to give AL one more chance and take the store credit and keep the order open
- 06/09/23 - After a few missed replies and back and forth on Whatsapp, finally got the email that shoes were shipped (unfortunately not the next week i was promised back in July) - I note that the store credit was never actually processed for me (broken promise), and that the shoes were not shipped on express shipping (broken promise)
- 21/09/23 - Shoes finally arrived - and they are the wrong colour - told by CS that there was "a mistake with dispatch" - you'd think after all these delays and mistakes it wouldn't have been that hard to just cross check some of the orders and make sure you didn't screw up the last step

Have been told on 22/9 they will check stock and hopefully have a pair of the correct colour, but of course, I'm still waiting to hear back. I was offered a possible "discount" for me keeping the incorrect colour (which I think frankly is an unacceptable option especially for the amount of time I have waited). So who knows when I will get my shoes, maybe that Dec 22-26 was the correct EDD, just that it was 2023 and not 2022...

I'm sick and tired of this BS @ArchibaldRoh and @ArchibaldNat, you've mentioned to me how difficult it is since handwelt-gate and how you've lost all momentum in the brand, but I'm not seeing exactly how you think treating your customers like this will help bring it back?

Hi Brian, I have DMed you on the matter. Really sorry that this happened on your order when we thought it was all over and done with. I am sure CS and Natalie will take care of the situation and you and sort this out.

I do not have access to Archibald systems anymore so out of curiosity what shoe did you order, and what did you receive?

ArchibaldNat

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Hi @brianwong I'm sorry to hear about this.

I checked with CS and in the system, and I can see where the error was made.

You ordered a white calfskin in size 44 with white lining and received a white calfskin in size 44 with tan lining.

We have the stock file from Italy for what was shipped and see you pair should be there; however in order to be sure, we are having the warehouse check in person that the pair is physically there. The warehouse team operates every other day.

With reference to the credit on your account, it was added as agreed into your AL account pending shipment as a sign of good faith, and then subsequently removed when yours shoes were shipped. I believe this was the agreement with CS.

I notice you mentioned Rohan and express shipment - Rohan confused you with another Brian Wong in the United States who seems to have received expedited delivery 🤨. I'm sorry for this as I've been very unwell for sometime now and am catching up on everything to ensure things begin to run more smoothly.

When Rohan steps in to address matters and quell you guys, as he is no longer a part of the business, sometimes things can get confused especially as he doesn't have access to our systems.

We have a new warehouse team and have been working to push all of these shoes out as quickly as possible. The way Italy marks the shoes linguistically with the names we have provided the shoes and colors (another thing we have addressed) the particular dispatch associate didn't realize the difference here as it was very subtle.

However, we're going to sort this out for you. At least you know this is not a scam shop and we actually do make shoes :) so rest easy on that side. We are as disappointed as you are on the performance of this batch.

It is highly unlikely you will ever return to Archibald and we understand that, but our main focus right now is to get you the pair of shoes you ordered that you can use for the the foreseeable future and ensure we do right by you.

ArchibaldNat

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi @brianwong I'm sorry to hear about this.

I checked with CS and in the system, and I can see where the error was made.

You ordered a white calfskin in size 44 with white lining and received a white calfskin in size 44 with tan lining.

We have the stock file from Italy for what was shipped and see you pair should be there; however in order to be sure, we are having the warehouse check in person that the pair is physically there. The warehouse team operates every other day.

With reference to the credit on your account, it was added as agreed into your AL account pending shipment as a sign of good faith, and then subsequently removed when yours shoes were shipped. I believe this was the agreement with CS.

I notice you mentioned Rohan and express shipment - Rohan confused you with another Brian Wong in the United States who seems to have received expedited delivery 🤨. I'm sorry for this as I've been very unwell for sometime now and am catching up on everything to ensure things begin to run more smoothly.

When Rohan steps in to address matters and quell you guys, as he is no longer a part of the business, sometimes things can get confused especially as he doesn't have access to our systems.

We have a new warehouse team and have been working to push all of these shoes out as quickly as possible. The way Italy marks the shoes linguistically with the names we have provided the shoes and colors (another thing we have addressed) the particular dispatch associate didn't realize the difference here as it was very subtle.

However, we're going to sort this out for you. At least you know this is not a scam shop and we actually do make shoes :) so rest easy on that side. We are as disappointed as you are on the performance of this batch.

It is highly unlikely you will ever return to Archibald and we understand that, but our main focus right now is to get you the pair of shoes you ordered that you can use for the the foreseeable future and ensure we do right by you.
Ok update - our warehouse found the white with white lining.

The error occurred because Italy labelled both the pair with the standard white calf skin with tan lining "Bianco" and the white calfskin with white inner lining "Bianco" the exact same way. I believe they were confused and labelling based on outer color of the sneaker

We've let them know - we actually designed the white on white because women preferred it to the tan, so they haven't been made as often so the workshop didn't catch it. The tan has always been our classic so I believe they just assumed "Bianco" for the white lining as well

CWV

Reaction score
My friends order is 10078 and h has recieved no news and no reply to his emails.
He is in the asus firbavweek, so it would be convenient for you -so shipping is cheaper- as well as for him -so he doesn’t need to wait for 2 months of delivery-, if you could ship his order while he is in the US and before he comes back to Chile.

And what is the excuse for the case of my friend?
You’re not even answering his emails, and there has been not even an attempt of shipping.
The very least you should do is give him complementary express shipment ASAP

ArchibaldNat

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
And what is the excuse for the case of my friend?
You’re not even answering his emails, and there has been not even an attempt of shipping.
The very least you should do is give him complementary express shipment ASAP
CS is working through a backlog and it will be attended to

Last edited:

brianwong

Reaction score
Ok update - our warehouse found the white with white lining.

The error occurred because Italy labelled both the pair with the standard white calf skin with tan lining "Bianco" and the white calfskin with white inner lining "Bianco" the exact same way. I believe they were confused and labelling based on outer color of the sneaker

We've let them know - we actually designed the white on white because women preferred it to the tan, so they haven't been made as often so the workshop didn't catch it. The tan has always been our classic so I believe they just assumed "Bianco" for the white lining as well
Ok thanks for checking, when will you be able to ship it?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads