• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

paulraphael

Reaction score
We have the ability to clone shoulder depth and armhole size. This information is reflected on your measurement profile, in order to make re-ordering as seamless as possible.

I'd urge you to reconsider this. Your shirts look excellent, but I'm just not comfortable ordering a shirt based on photos and descriptions. I've now ordered over a dozen shirts from Proper Cloth, and I've learned to never pull the trigger before going into the showroom and handling a swatch ... or better, a full shirt made from the fabric. About half the time I end up changing my fabric choice after seeing and feeling the it. And PC's photography and descriptions are excellent. They just don't substitute for a first-hand impression.

If Luxire can do it from India, you should be able to figure it out from Italy!

Grace@Apposta

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'd urge you to reconsider this. Your shirts look excellent, but I'm just not comfortable ordering a shirt based on photos and descriptions. I've now ordered over a dozen shirts from Proper Cloth, and I've learned to never pull the trigger before going into the showroom and handling a swatch ... or better, a full shirt made from the fabric. About half the time I end up changing my fabric choice after seeing and feeling the it. And PC's photography and descriptions are excellent. They just don't substitute for a first-hand impression.

If Luxire can do it from India, you should be able to figure it out from Italy!

Apposta has selected some of the world's most prestigious fabric manufacturers so as to offer you a wide assortment, ranging from classic fabrics to the most fashionable and trendy. All the fabrics offered by Apposta are certified by Oeko-Tex®, an association responsible for ensuring safety, in terms of human and ecological requirements regarding textile articles throughout the entire production process. The Oeko-Tex® association’s slogan is "Confidence in Textiles", a promise of international responsibility in ascertaining raw materials, right up to the checking of the end products which are sold in stores.

Alternatively, if you happen to be in London, you can book a face to face appointment where we will assist you through the process of creating your profile, ordering your shirt, and more importantly, viewing and feeling all our fabric options shown online.

https://apposta.youcanbook.me/

We look forward to seeing you.

paulraphael

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I realize that those are great fabrics. But it's too hard to know from pictures and descriptions exactly what the fabric will be like, or which of two similar ones I'll prefer. I've been around the block a few times with custom clothes ... my experience just reinforces how important it is to be able see a fabric first-hand.

If I lived in London I'd be excited about your shirts. Unfortunately it's a deal-breaker for me to not be able to handle the fabrics.

Have you seen how Luxire does it? They charge for the swatches, and then deduct the price (some or all, not sure) from the cost of your clothing order. I believe Proper Cloth does something similar.

Apposta has selected some of the world's most prestigious fabric manufacturers so as to offer you a wide assortment, ranging from classic fabrics to the most fashionable and trendy. All the fabrics offered by Apposta are certified by Oeko-Tex®, an association responsible for ensuring safety, in terms of human and ecological requirements regarding textile articles throughout the entire production process. The Oeko-Tex® association’s slogan is "Confidence in Textiles", a promise of international responsibility in ascertaining raw materials, right up to the checking of the end products which are sold in stores.

Alternatively, if you happen to be in London, you can book a face to face appointment where we will assist you through the process of creating your profile, ordering your shirt, and more importantly, viewing and feeling all our fabric options shown online.

https://apposta.youcanbook.me/

We look forward to seeing you.

Grace@Apposta

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I realize that those are great fabrics. But it's too hard to know from pictures and descriptions exactly what the fabric will be like, or which of two similar ones I'll prefer. I've been around the block a few times with custom clothes ... my experience just reinforces how important it is to be able see a fabric first-hand.

If I lived in London I'd be excited about your shirts. Unfortunately it's a deal-breaker for me to not be able to handle the fabrics.

Have you seen how Luxire does it? They charge for the swatches, and then deduct the price (some or all, not sure) from the cost of your clothing order. I believe Proper Cloth does something similar.

We offer more than 3000 different fabrics, the widest choice from an online store, so it’s unfeasible to provide the swatches for all of them. In addition to the standard descriptions (weave, colour, design) and the technical descriptions, (2ply, thread count, cotton origin), we included other sensory descriptions such as perceived weight and softness in order to express fabrics in great detail.

We are, however, considering a swatch kit that can be ordered online, with a varied range of fabric types. We will keep you posted on this.

We appreciate the suggestion.

Xune

Reaction score
We are looking forward to respond to any question and feedback you may have!
We offer more than 3000 different fabrics
Then allow to browse those using multiple filter options at once. E.g. I'd want to filter Oxford and Royal Oxford in Weaving at the same time. Currently there's only possibility for one filter per field.

Also I second swatches - I might risk when ordering a cheaper fabric, but before going for, let's say, those fancy DJA 849 Euro fabrics, I'd want to feel it and compare to currently owned shirts to assess if it's worth the price difference.

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Swatches would be nice. I only felt comfortable ordering some Giza 45 shirts because I had shirts from another maker in that cloth so I knew I liked the feel and weight. But as to color I had to triple cross check things with a site that posted all of the Thomas Mason Bespoke books online, the Albini fabric app, and the pics on the Apposta site...and I was still a bit hesitant because Apposta doesn’t list the swatch number of a fabric (this would be easy to correct).

But that really only helps with color. Patterns, stripes especially, are really hard to judge with a web picture. I have no real concept of the width of a stripe unless I’m holding a swatch in my hand. Same can be said regarding the size of a check or tattersall.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where would you send the shirt to be copied to?

Chronic_Zero

Reaction score
But as to color I had to triple cross check things with a site that posted all of the Thomas Mason Bespoke books online, the Albini fabric app, and the pics on the Apposta site...and I was still a bit hesitant because Apposta doesn’t list the swatch number of a fabric (this would be easy to correct).

Totally agree with that, I've been in the same situation. Adding the fabric's reference number would help.

Grace@Apposta

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Where would you send the shirt to be copied to?
No neck or shoulders posture correction ?
Neck and shoulder angles can be modified, as well as armhole pitch. This information can be placed as part of your notes in your measurement profile in order for our production team to adhere to.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads