• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Apolis Activism

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by harveyrabbit
I own a number of Billykirk items, but I wouldn't say they were more "legit". Apolis has some pretty unique values, which are a very strong part of the brand. If you are saying Billykirk is more legitimate based on the bag styling, I would offer that the "mason" bag design has a pedigree much older than either manufacturer, and it is much more a matter of personal preference for a particular interpretation than someone jacking someone else's style.
I'm referring to the whole Apolis + Filson thing.

praxis

Reaction score
Summer wardrobe cleanout, namely two Apolis Global (Activism, whatever) pieces:

Apolis Field Jacket (SS 10):
Color: Navy Blue
Material: Sateen Cotten Blend
Size: XL (fits like a large, looks good on medium as well)
sizing:
-p2p- 23.5 in.
-body-28 in.

condition excellent - hardly worn, sateen artistically worn, see pictures.
price: originally $296 MSRP, asking $165 shipped CONUS, USPS priority

(2) Apolis Standard Issue Field Jacket (SS 11)
Color: Army (brown/green)
Material: Sateen Cotton, stonewashed, lined with heavy cotton
Size: L
sizing: see Apolis sizing on website (http://store.apolisglobal.com/event/...-46f4f57e56f1/) - true to size

condition: virtually brand-new, no marks, stains, anything at all. NWOT EXCEPT the zipper keeps coming off - see pics. nothing a little super glue won't fix for good. just being honest, otherwise i'd glue it myself.
price: MSRP $286, impossible to find for cheaper, asking $215 shipped CONUS, USPS Priority

PM me please, selling quick.
ALL PICTURES HERE ON FLICKR - http://www.flickr.com/photos/6251408...7626654778650/

Beeropez

Reaction score
does anyone have any experience with the Apolis Standard issue denim?

Looks gorgeous from the pictures. anyone vouch for the quality, and also, how is the fit, and what is it similar too. seems like it would be similar to the new standard....

JOA

Reaction score
^I have a pair of the Standard Issue denim. They are very well made and the denim itself is nice and substantial. They're very much TTS in the waist and slim fitting in the top block in general. Inseam is long--like 35" or so.

Beeropez

Reaction score
sweet. how is the rise? It measures about the same as apc ns, but in the pictures it looks like it's a bit more full in the rise and seat with more room in the crotch.

JOA

Reaction score
I think it's longer than the NS. Definitely feels as such.

tavbovbo

Reaction score
Can you post any pics of the Apolis Selvage denim. I am trying to decide between them and APC Petit Standard. Any additional descriptions you can give will be greatly appreciated.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any free shipping codes? Want to pick up the lighter but $8 shipping seems kinda ridiculous considering that's ~30% of the value of my order.

Edit: I'm marsupialed, there was a free shipping code in the freaking email I clicked on to see the ligher in the first place.
Thanks2011

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads