Apolis Activism

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by savage, Jul 14, 2007.

1. Ry'on

Ry'on Senior member

i think their current button downs are their best pieces, nice and casual, but super clean, im considering coping www.hyrcollective.com

2. hammerhill

hammerhill Senior member

Just FWIW, we are in the process of designing an exclusive Apolis x Context x SF military inspired heavy flannel shirt for FW08.

Fok.

Ooh, I'm interested!

3. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

bumping to get anyone's recent impressions re this brand.

4. cMXR

cMXR Member

Picked up the USMC jacket last year and Forest Chambray awhile back. Overall very nice fit/construction considering I'm fairly slim. I'm a fan of the brand [​IMG]

5. APK

APK Senior member

Apolis was one of the first SF-approved brands I latched on to. I've got a waxed cotton jacket from F/W 08 that I'm still quite fond of. I've been less impressed with their offerings over the past few seasons. Perhaps it's a case of less patience for the Americana-influenced stuff, but most of Apolis' recent collections seem either over-designed or bland.

A lot of people around here got soured on the brand because of the controversy over that Filson bag.

6. JRyder

JRyder Senior member

drafted into the oregon woods, an indentured serva
    What is going on with the inseam length of AA's pants? 31.5" is way too short any one 6' and above. I would like a pair but can't even consider that length.

7. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

I'm really impressed with this brand. It is not easy to simultaneously be more boring AND more expensive than J Crew.

8. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

What is going on with the inseam length of AA's pants? 31.5" is way too short any one 6' and above. I would like a pair but can't even consider that length.

The summer pants are meant to be worn cropped. Shea Parton is 6'2" or so, so it's not like they don't know.

Natan, be careful man. If Whodini can intimidate you with a belt, I think that either Parton brother would be able to crush you by rape choke. Completely unrelated, "nearly met Wayne Coyne" could have been "met Wayne, chilled a little."

9. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

I'm not too excited about their current collection, but last season was fantastic.

10. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

The summer pants are meant to be worn cropped. Shea Parton is 6'2" or so, so it's not like they don't know.

Natan, be careful man. If Whodini can intimidate you with a belt, I think that either Parton brother would be able to crush you by rape choke. Completely unrelated, "nearly met Wayne Coyne" could have been "met Wayne, chilled a little."

I fully acknowledge that I am a a sissy. Whodini is a sociopath regardless.

11. APK

APK Senior member

I noticed it appears the brand has truncated the "Activism" portion of its name. That's an interesting modification given some of the happenings with them over the last year.

12. aaaeeeiiiooouuu

aaaeeeiiiooouuu Senior member

I noticed that as well. Also, they just released this gem: [​IMG] Yes, it's a normal Patagonia jacket (made in China) w/ a red stitched cross on the yoke. The stitching is worth a $30 premium.

13. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

I fully acknowledge that I am a a sissy. Whodini is a sociopath regardless.
    Finally, I have a diagnosis. Lack of empathy, inability to control anger, aggressive, promiscuous, and violates the boundaries of others! Not to mention being whip smart, eh, Natan?

14. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

I bought some of their v-neck tees (a bundle of 3 for $99). Made in the USA and incredibly soft - very happy indeed.

I have 4 pairs of their Utility trousers (in Indigo, Earth and Navy) which I love and are incredibly durable - I wear the Navy and Indigo literally all the time.

Have a few of the Oxfords which are also incredible - very well made.

It's a shame but their FW'10 collection seemed a bit crap overall... the Utility Shirts in Navy, Charcoal and Khaki (which looked great) never seemed to materialize and instead of the Utility trouser the introduced the Service Pant. I bought a pair of these pants and hated the cut so I had to return. They just looked way to baggy, had a length of 36" (???) and were about 2"+ too large in the waist (so instead of a 36 I would have been a 33 or 34). Just seemed strange to release a trouser which was, although obviously made well, completely ill fitting.

Going to be interesting to see what happens in SS'11...

15. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Senior member

nice to see that the filson 256 is back in stock.