1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Apolis Activism

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by savage, Jul 14, 2007.

1. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

thanks! didn't even bother checking main site [​IMG]

2. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

I see on the Apolis website that they are going to release some Selvedge denim... [​IMG] I did like the look of the Standard Issue Field Jacket in "Army" but not sure I'd pay $286 for it. Not sure I like the look of the polo shirts - they look a touch ill fitting. Interested to see what else they're going to do this spring/summer though.

3. harveyrabbit

harveyrabbit Senior member

4. APK

APK Senior member

Colorway aside, it's virtually a dead ringer for Billykirk's medium or large carryall. The price is a bit less, but I'd rather give my money to legit guys.

5. harveyrabbit

harveyrabbit Senior member

I own a number of Billykirk items, but I wouldn't say they were more "legit". Apolis has some pretty unique values, which are a very strong part of the brand. If you are saying Billykirk is more legitimate based on the bag styling, I would offer that the "mason" bag design has a pedigree much older than either manufacturer, and it is much more a matter of personal preference for a particular interpretation than someone jacking someone else's style.

6. APK

APK Senior member

I own a number of Billykirk items, but I wouldn't say they were more "legit". Apolis has some pretty unique values, which are a very strong part of the brand. If you are saying Billykirk is more legitimate based on the bag styling, I would offer that the "mason" bag design has a pedigree much older than either manufacturer, and it is much more a matter of personal preference for a particular interpretation than someone jacking someone else's style.
    I'm referring to the whole Apolis + Filson thing.

7. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Does anyone know why the Standard Issue Utility Shirt's never became available? They seem to be listed on the website continuously but are always out of stock. Strange?

8. praxis

praxis Member

9. praxis

praxis Member

Summer wardrobe cleanout, namely two Apolis Global (Activism, whatever) pieces:

Apolis Field Jacket (SS 10):
    Color: Navy Blue
    Material: Sateen Cotten Blend
    Size: XL (fits like a large, looks good on medium as well)
    sizing:
    -p2p- 23.5 in.
    -body-28 in.

condition excellent - hardly worn, sateen artistically worn, see pictures.
    price: originally $296 MSRP, asking $165 shipped CONUS, USPS priority

(2) Apolis Standard Issue Field Jacket (SS 11)
    Color: Army (brown/green)
    Material: Sateen Cotton, stonewashed, lined with heavy cotton
    Size: L
    sizing: see Apolis sizing on website (http://store.apolisglobal.com/event/...-46f4f57e56f1/) - true to size

condition: virtually brand-new, no marks, stains, anything at all. NWOT EXCEPT the zipper keeps coming off - see pics. nothing a little super glue won't fix for good. just being honest, otherwise i'd glue it myself.
    price: MSRP $286, impossible to find for cheaper, asking $215 shipped CONUS, USPS Priority

PM me please, selling quick.
    ALL PICTURES HERE ON FLICKR - http://www.flickr.com/photos/6251408...7626654778650/

10. Beeropez

Beeropez Member

does anyone have any experience with the Apolis Standard issue denim?

Looks gorgeous from the pictures. anyone vouch for the quality, and also, how is the fit, and what is it similar too. seems like it would be similar to the new standard....

11. JOA

JOA Senior member

^I have a pair of the Standard Issue denim. They are very well made and the denim itself is nice and substantial. They're very much TTS in the waist and slim fitting in the top block in general. Inseam is long--like 35" or so.

12. Beeropez

Beeropez Member

sweet. how is the rise? It measures about the same as apc ns, but in the pictures it looks like it's a bit more full in the rise and seat with more room in the crotch.

13. JOA

JOA Senior member

I think it's longer than the NS. Definitely feels as such.

14. Beeropez

Beeropez Member

niiiceeee. these might just be the jeans i'm looking for

15. tavbovbo

tavbovbo New Member

Can you post any pics of the Apolis Selvage denim. I am trying to decide between them and APC Petit Standard. Any additional descriptions you can give will be greatly appreciated.

16. meso

meso Senior member

17. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

18. stevent

stevent Senior member

Any free shipping codes? Want to pick up the lighter but $8 shipping seems kinda ridiculous considering that's ~30% of the value of my order.

Edit: I'm retarded, there was a free shipping code in the freaking email I clicked on to see the ligher in the first place.
    Thanks2011

Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
  19. mcdecker1

mcdecker1 Senior member

does anyone have experience with their denim?