• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any shoes that your woman hates?

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My wife loves my specs and encourages me to wear them at every opportunity. She also likes my double monks (suede AE Moras) and my white bucks.

She is a rare treasure indeed!
inlove.gif

Either that or she secretly knows that they are chick repellent and encourages me wearing them for that reason.
devil.gif

Only she knows for certain.

John Ellis

Reaction score
Why can't a woman be more like a man. Mind you we wouldn't like it would we. Arguments about spectators are all part of life's rich pattern.

John Ellis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano
My wife loves my specs and encourages me to wear them at every opportunity. She also likes my double monks (suede AE Moras) and my white bucks.

She is a rare treasure indeed!
inlove.gif

Either that or she secretly knows that they are chick repellent and encourages me wearing them for that reason.
devil.gif

Only she knows for certain.

It is funny but even at my age my wife doesn't like me getting too cosy with another. I'll suggest spectators as a certain means of warding off evil spirits and women of a certain age.

jordy55

Reaction score
I'd have to agree with your wife on this one.lol. I personally just don't like the shoes. But that's just one person's opinion. Can't you guys compromise? I'm sure you've let buy some crap you didn't like, but you let her do it just to make her happy. Right?

http://www.bastardandfriends.com/about.html

John Ellis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jordy55
I'd have to agree with your wife on this one.lol. I personally just don't like the shoes. But that's just one person's opinion. Can't you guys compromise? I'm sure you've let buy some crap you didn't like, but you let her do it just to make her happy. Right?

http://www.bastardandfriends.com/about.html

I'm almost ready to go and buy those PS spectators just to prove I'm not a wimp who lets his wife dictate his shoe choices.
laugh.gif
In fact I bought some ghillie style which alone produced all sort of snarky comments about kilts and deer stalking. Pic attached. HOOTS AWAY MON.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife really likes all of my dress shoes but especially my Lobb double monks. The only shoes she isn't too keen on are my dirty bucks.

bucks.jpg

ziggyosk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Harrydog
I would stick a bar of soap in her mouth...and then buy the specs.

My wife has not really commented on my shoes---I am not sure she likes my tan leather/linen specs---but aside for the occasional "old man" comment, she doesn't say much. I was looking at pair of green Corthay at Leffot----that met with stark disapproval.

On the whole, I dress so much better than her, she just lets me do my thing. She is more complimentary than critical.

I was just there on friday and tried on the same pair. They are amazing!! Needless to say I showed them to my mother and sister and they hated them. I don't listen to their advice when buying shoes.

Harrydog

Reaction score
Originally Posted by John Ellis
I'm almost ready to go and buy those PS spectators just to prove I'm not a wimp who lets his wife dictate his shoe choices.
laugh.gif
In fact I bought some ghillie style which alone produced all sort of snarky comments about kilts and deer stalking. Pic attached. HOOTS AWAY MON.

I bought these same shoes on Saturday!!!!

bounce2.gif

6018148171.jpg

John Ellis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Harrydog
I bought these same shoes on Saturday!!!!

bounce2.gif

6018148171.jpg

Cool aren't they. To go with my large window pane Breanish tweed jacket and pale grey heavy flannel pants. Tatersall check shirt and aubergine knit tie. I'm practising the bagpipes.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who gives a **** what the woman has to say. I am sick of women trying to tell men what looks good and does not look good. But I also put my wardrobe before 99 percent of the people I know.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The only shoes my lady had a problem with were some captoes I tried on a few weeks ago.

She likes my new AEs, though. I am lucky guy.

She even puts up with these two.

100_0866.jpg

100_0867.jpg

Yes, I know these white shoes need some cleaning.

John Ellis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by luftvier
The only shoes my lady had a problem with were some captoes I tried on a few weeks ago.

She likes my new AEs, though. I am lucky guy.

She even puts up with these two.

100_0866.jpg

100_0867.jpg

Yes, I know these white shoes need some cleaning.

She must indeed be tolerant.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by John Ellis
She must indeed be tolerant.

You don't even know the beginning.

ceaton

Reaction score
Apparently, I'm not allowed to wear black shoes in her presence outside of (semi)formal events.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads