• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any great compliments lately?

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My wife is frequently complimented on what I wear. The conversation usually goes something like this:
Friend: Your husband certainly is well dressed. You do a very nice job picking out his clothes.
Me: I don't know what I'd do without the little minx.
Wife: Cut it out. He takes care of his own clothes.
Me: Oh, come on honey. Stop being modest.
Wife: Honestly, I've never even heard of half the crap he buys!

Xenon

Reaction score
I was at Holt Renfrews in downtown Montreal wearing my gold/bronze Aquascutum trench coat and one of the salesman with a client comes up to me to ask where I got the coat. Saleman later tells me (half jokingly) he thinks I should model trench coats.

I always get compliments on my fedoras, which is amazing because I only wear these to protect from the sun.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KObalto
My wife is frequently complimented on what I wear. The conversation usually goes something like this:
Friend: Your husband certainly is well dressed. You do a very nice job picking out his clothes.

or it's like:

Wife: "i dont know, ask him, it's called kitten-brianni, or only ralph lauren in a purple color polos are good. whatever (roll eyes) like i said, ask him"

BareSolid

Reaction score
Someone said that I looked like something out of Miami Vice.

I think this person might have been taking the piss.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BareSolid
Someone said that I looked like something out of Miami Vice.

I think this person might have been taking the piss.

It is possible especially when you live in Coventry...
laugh.gif

Perdogg

Reaction score
Originally Posted by galahad
Coming home from the local pub this evening, I turn into my road and hear "Hello"

I look around and see three kids about twelve years old on their bikes.

I say "Hello, are you all right?"

They reply "yes" in unison.

A few steps further on I hear one of them say "It's James Bond"

Well. who wouldn't be pleased? However, I made the mistake of telling my wife and she still hasn't stopped laughing.

A homeless woman said I had a nice tie the last time I was in NY.

BareSolid

Reaction score
One of the ladies at work said I looked like an MD (I assumed she meant Medical Doctor and not Managing Director, but who knows, I was wearing a navy blaer with white buttons and a wine-coloured tie.

potemkin_city_limits

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got invited out to the bar for drinks for a friends birthday this past week so I went home and changed into some linen pants, a blue blazer, and a white dress shirt with no tie. They wouldnt stop pointing out how nicely they thought I was dressed. I felt a little embarassed. Maybe I dress like **** all the time and it shocked them though?

entropy

Reaction score
my friend told me the other day

"you always look like you were just betting on a horse."

i took this as a compliment.

vincerich

Reaction score
A girl at the Taste of Chicago festival said, "Yum" when she saw me. She is SMOKING hot....SMOKING! We had a chat, and we're going out Saturday after I finish working, haha.

vincerich

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KObalto

I'll take her word for it.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I got two today - a busgirl stopped, looked me in the eyes and said "what pretty eyes you have"

later I walked into a fabric store and a salesman came up to me and said "obviously you love to have beutifull suits made, let's make some suits for you.

since both of them wanted money from me, I am not sure how much I trust them, but it was more than I get most days, or years for that matter.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I had someone compliment me on my "suit" today, but I had on a navy db blazer and tan pants.
eh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics