• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any doctors around? Check out my tonsil!

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Check out my left tonsil! The strep test was negative twice. I've been achy and sweaty for the past week. My temp today was 99.4. The tonsil is getting worse. The doc who gave me the strep test told me to gargle saltwater and gave me a sub for three days of Prednisone. Will that make me better? My doc in NJ (talking over the phone) suggested taking some bloodwork. Any opinions? Thanks! PHOTO REMOVED

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I can't really be sure what we are looking at, and I'm no doctor, nor do I play one on TV, I do know that if you are talking about the part hanging down from the back of your throat, that isn't your tonsil. That is your uvula and it doesn't look particularly inflamed or anything to me. Its hanging down further than mine does right now, but maybe thats normal. If thats the case maybe this resource will put your mind at ease. But again I'm no doctor, and that is a blurry picture with everything flash-lit. If we are talking about the white patch on the back of your throat which is the only other thing I can see from your pic, maybe its thrush? Or tonsil stones?

dj-jd

Reaction score
Even though results are negative for strep, ask for a pennicilin shot **********. In the mean time, use saltwater. Have you ever had mono, or do you have oral herpes?

Matt B

Reaction score
EBV: fever, exudative pharyngitis. Any new lumps or bumps (enlarged lymph nodes) descending along that side of your neck? Who have you been kissing? You could get confirmatory bloodwork but if you are otherwise ok, I wouldn't bother.

Strep throat: fever, exudative pharyngitis, sore throat, no cough. Was the strep test a swab or bloodwork?

M

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this might be the weirdest post i've seen. that yellow **** at the back of your throat is grossing me out.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My wife's dad's second wife is an ENT, so I can confidently say that it's a clump of ******.

HomerJ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Left tonsil looks a bit swollen and oozing pus (or baby batter). Probably viral. Take the prednisone to reduce swelling and wait it out. Eat ice chips, popsicles, ice cream, and lozenges for sore throat. Take ibuprofen for pain.

Get the bloodwork. Elevated lymphocyte/overall white blood cell count ratio indicates mononucleosis. Again, you have to wait it out but you'll want to be aware of possible complications like ruptured speen.

HomerJ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Not an MD
smile.gif
Now who wants to diagnose the bumps on my peepee?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads