• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Any doctors around? Check out my tonsil!

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Check out my left tonsil! The strep test was negative twice. I've been achy and sweaty for the past week. My temp today was 99.4. The tonsil is getting worse. The doc who gave me the strep test told me to gargle saltwater and gave me a sub for three days of Prednisone. Will that make me better? My doc in NJ (talking over the phone) suggested taking some bloodwork. Any opinions? Thanks! PHOTO REMOVED

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Reaction score
I can't really be sure what we are looking at, and I'm no doctor, nor do I play one on TV, I do know that if you are talking about the part hanging down from the back of your throat, that isn't your tonsil. That is your uvula and it doesn't look particularly inflamed or anything to me. Its hanging down further than mine does right now, but maybe thats normal. If thats the case maybe this resource will put your mind at ease. But again I'm no doctor, and that is a blurry picture with everything flash-lit. If we are talking about the white patch on the back of your throat which is the only other thing I can see from your pic, maybe its thrush? Or tonsil stones?

dj-jd

Reaction score
Even though results are negative for strep, ask for a pennicilin shot in the ass. In the mean time, use saltwater. Have you ever had mono, or do you have oral herpes?

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That's gross.

Matt B

Reaction score
EBV: fever, exudative pharyngitis. Any new lumps or bumps (enlarged lymph nodes) descending along that side of your neck? Who have you been kissing? You could get confirmatory bloodwork but if you are otherwise ok, I wouldn't bother.

Strep throat: fever, exudative pharyngitis, sore throat, no cough. Was the strep test a swab or bloodwork?

M

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
i think i can smell it from here.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this might be the weirdest post i've seen. that yellow shit at the back of your throat is grossing me out.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My wife's dad's second wife is an ENT, so I can confidently say that it's a clump of spooge.

HomerJ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Left tonsil looks a bit swollen and oozing pus (or baby batter). Probably viral. Take the prednisone to reduce swelling and wait it out. Eat ice chips, popsicles, ice cream, and lozenges for sore throat. Take ibuprofen for pain.

Get the bloodwork. Elevated lymphocyte/overall white blood cell count ratio indicates mononucleosis. Again, you have to wait it out but you'll want to be aware of possible complications like ruptured speen.

n3demonic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by HomerJ
^^ Not an MD

Now who wants to diagnose the bumps on my peepee?

That's Lipoma. Also, not a doctor. No pictures please.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 75 16.9%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 147 33.1%
  • 8”

Votes: 131 29.5%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 50 11.3%
  • 9”

Votes: 20 4.5%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 9 2.0%