• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

diadem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Incoming Goodyear-welted trial shoes
smile.gif
. Modified Aurum chisel last.

MSchapiro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone head fro Antonio lately? Been about 4 days since he responded to me which is unusual. I just want to make sure my e-mails aren't hitting a spam filter or something since I switched accounts.

Also I have a pair of side elastic aurums coming in. I'm debating if I should have asked for a test shoe, these being my first elastics.

Last edited:

C&A

Reaction score

Anyone head fro Antonio lately? Been about 4 days since he responded to me which is unusual. I just want to make sure my e-mails aren't hitting a spam filter or something since I switched accounts. 

Also I have a pair of side elastic aurums coming in. I'm debating if I should have asked for a test shoe, these being my first elastics. 

i seem to recall his wife was due somewhere mid march. he mentioned it when he sent me the pictures of my uppers that it was some of the last sewing work his wife was going to do

Last edited:

jaywhyy

Reaction score
How much do Aurum and standard run these days? I know Antonio mentioned a price increase in Jan, but with euro so weak..

Or I might wait for Skoak to start carrying them lol

mcl911

Reaction score

How much do Aurum and standard run these days? I know Antonio mentioned a price increase in Jan, but with euro so weak..

Or I might wait for Skoak to start carrying them lol

Are you sure skoak going to carry them? Is still a myth

MSchapiro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i seem to recall his wife was due somewhere mid march. he mentioned it when he sent me the pictures of my uppers that it was some of the last sewing work his wife was going to do

Yes I had recalled him saying that and wondered if that was the case. He actually e-mailed me with the good news right before I posted, but I missed it due to a spotty Internet connection.

Price wise you have to e-mail Antonio, but I think the new announced prices were 600+ for standard and 1350 or so for Aurum. Someone please correct me if I'm off. With the weak Euro definitely one of the best values out there.

mcl911

Reaction score

Yes I had recalled him saying that and wondered if that was the case. He actually e-mailed me with the good news right before I posted, but I missed it due to a spotty Internet connection.

Price wise you have to e-mail Antonio, but I think the new announced prices were 600+ for standard and 1350 or so for Aurum. Someone please correct me if I'm off. With the weak Euro definitely one of the best values out there.

1350 with test shoes? I thought is only 1100

MSchapiro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1350 with test shoes? I thought is only 1100

I just rechecked.

I may have been confused. 1100 was the old price and I believe the new one was 1250. The extra 100 is shipping.

In real terms the Euro/USD dropped 15% while the price increased 12% :). Additionally using Transfer Wise cut a lot of the wire fees out by actually giving you an exchange rate near spot. I have referrals for a few no fee transfers if anyone wants to PM me.

Overall a Meccariello is cheaper this year than last year for a US buyer.

Last edited:

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I e-mailed Antonio precisely a month ago to ask some questions about test shoes and the Aurum line.

He stated that shoe pricing starts at Euro 650 for the standard Meccariello line, and Euro 1100 for the Aurum line. Last personalisation and test shoes are available for either line, and cost Euro 300, including the test pair of oxford shoes. Shipping to Australia via DHL costs Euro 130.

I assume that shipping to the US may be slightly less.

nyarkies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
About the same I think. I'm waiting for my test shoes as he will be shipping them out this week.

Last edited:

mcl911

Reaction score
I e-mailed Antonio precisely a month ago to ask some questions about test shoes and the Aurum line.

He stated that shoe pricing starts at Euro 650 for the standard Meccariello line, and Euro 1100 for the Aurum line. Last personalisation and test shoes are available for either line, and cost Euro 300, including the test pair of oxford shoes. Shipping to Australia via DHL costs Euro 130.

I assume that shipping to the US may be slightly less.

quite confusing, aren't rtw line only available in japan? Test shoes are only for Aurum line right?

So for Aurum
Basic-1100
test shoes 300
last modification&Shoe trees-120?
Shipping- 130

total 1650

Am I correct?

If so that is 1and half G&G or two EG
butbut.gif

Edited:
oh, I forget you will end up two shoes as well lol

Last edited:

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ The "standard Meccariello" line is also made-to-order, and they start at 650 Euro. My understanding, based on Antonio's e-mail, is that you can order either line - standard or Aurum - with last adjustment and test shoes.

Last modification and test shoes are 300 Euro. There's no further charge for last modification on top of the 300 Euro.

I don't know how much he charges for shoe trees - I didn't ask.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads