1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by goodlensboy, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Jakezero

Jakezero Senior Member

Really nice, am I correct in believing that those are boot trees? Would you mind taking a photo of the trees?

2. chobochobo

chobochobo Rubber Chicken Dubiously Honored Moderator

[​IMG]

They're a bit tight (particularly when I tried them at the end of the day). A bit better this morning.

I've swapped out the laces for the thin waxed flat pair that Antonio included in the box and they look sleeker.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2015

3. clotheshorse69

clotheshorse69 Senior Member

4. MSchapiro

MSchapiro Distinguished Member

Mine were similar FYI. Within a month they were perfect.

5. mw313

mw313 Distinguished Member

The are beautiful and good luck with them. Keep us posted on how they wear in.

6. chobochobo

They've been better after a day/ afternoon of wear. There's a bit of tightness at the widest part of the boot but it's getting better. They are generally nice and snug otherwise. Great colour and great shape - as I've said before, most wholecuts I've seen/ worn have been disappointingly 'blobby'. The sole is great too, they feel as incredibly solid with excellent traction. I'm already in for another pair. Antonio is great to work with.

7. kolecho

kolecho Distinguished Member

Wear them to the next Gennaro Paone trunk show!

8. VRaivio

VRaivio Distinguished Member

chobochobo, that's a mighty nice boot you have there. I trust Antonio told you that this pair will stretch much with wear? All wholecuts do, and seamless wholecuts will stretch the most of any model. They'll also develop visible creases, but these won't show much when you're standing and looking down. After all, most normal folks will only say that one has nice shoes instead of analyzing every nook and cranny like we do here on SF. He must have noted this when making the last, and finished them a bit tight from the start. This way they'll be excellent one day, if you give them enough wear and patience. Seamless wholecuts are, I believe, man's ultimate victory over leather, wood, and skill.

9. chobochobo

Yes, he said they will stretch. If they keep the toe shape, I'll be happy. I wore them again today, much more comfortable.

10. mcl911

mcl911 Senior Member

Looks so good! I am new to MECCARIELLO and trying to order a pair of adelaides in cherry or red tone color, but their website is frustrating.
    Can anyone help me out? What's about aurum and rtw line

11. MSchapiro

MSchapiro Distinguished Member

At the moment there is no RTW line outside of Japan I believe.

Orders done by e-mailing Antonio directly, which I can PM you if you'd like.

The two lines are Standard Meccariello and Aurum.

Aurum includes his top of the line lasts and additional detail finishing. Standard still has an excellent finish, however, lacks some of the tighter waist detailing. Think the difference between Carmina and G&G.

Here is a standard pair I had done in deep cherry a while back for your reference.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you have the money I'd recommend doing Aurum with a test shoe. Antonio will finish both differently so you end up with two shoes. By the second shoe they should perfectly.

12. mcl911

mcl911 Senior Member

Thank you for you information! It makes things so much easier to understand. If I decided to do aurum (is the size made to measure or just normal sizing?) how long will it take? How can I find the color of leather I want? I saw some very attractive museum leather from him. I am gonna to send him an email this weekend.

13. mcl911

mcl911 Senior Member

And can I do different style on test shoes which is in same last of course?

14. chobochobo

Yes, you can though there is a limited choice for the test shoe/ boot. I almost went with a side lacing shoe as I've never had one, but then I went down the boot route.\

BTW Antonio will have other stuff on his hands soon, so he's quoting an extra month added to his usual times.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015

15. mcl911

mcl911 Senior Member

So how long are we talking? Appreciate all the help from you guys