1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by goodlensboy, Sep 21, 2012.

1. mcl911

mcl911 Senior Member

Totally agree, I would rather get Aurum then two G&G and EG ( If I have the money)

2. loveartioli

loveartioli Active Member

Wonderful shoes with perfect style,graceful welting and stunning patina,the patina effect looks even better than berluti,really wonderful shoes,how can get the shoes?does antonio meccariello has shoe stock lists?

3. loveartioli

Is this my pair of kiton loafer made by Antonio Meccariello?From the patina effect,is somewhat looks like the abundant images showed on this thread,but I can not sure of it.Anyone who can check to see if this pair of KITON shoes is made by Antonio Meccariello??[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. chobochobo

chobochobo Rubber Chicken Dubiously Honored Moderator

I'm not sure if they were made during the Meccariello period, but even if they were, they wouldn't have been made *by* Antonio, just to his instructions.

5. loveartioli

From the shoes itself it really hard to assure if this pair were made during the Meccariello period,only from the patina effect can get some clues alike,but still can not sure,I think only Antonio Meccariello himself can check this pair of KITON shoes were made during his previous KITON times or not,haha!

6. C&A

C&A Senior Member

antonio has set up the kiton shoe department. has helped with / done the designs, headed the shoemakers. if you know when these were bought (assuming they are not a recebt ebay or outlet purchase, but bought in a kiton shop or menswear store carrying kiton) he will be able to tell weather these were made during his time with kiton. i don't think he will be able to say that he handled them personally.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2015

7. MGD83

MGD83 Distinguished Member

Really beautiful and simple. One of the nicest ack cap toes I've ever seen.

8. diadem

diadem Distinguished Member

Thank you, sir! I can only imagine what the final pair will look like if just the trial shoes look that nice!

On another note, Meccariello has to be one of the best deals in fine footwear right now. €650 for main line MTO, €300 for trial shoes, and €130 for shipping means for €1,080 total you get a really nice pair of GYW test shoes on par with entry-level Santoni and a fantastic pair of handwelted shoes with finishing nicer than RTW G&G and EG costing more for just one RTW GYW pair.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 23, 2015

9. jaywhyy

jaywhyy Senior Member

Are his test shoes goodyear-welted or handwelted? I find it surprising he would invest in goodyear machinery and supplies just for test shoes, and I know Italians sometimes refer to handwelted as goodyear-welted.

10. europrep

europrep Distinguished Member

Goodyear welted.

11. C&A

C&A Senior Member

he already has the machinery. some of the rtw lines he makes for isetan are goodyear welted.

12. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Stylish Dinosaur

Do you get to keep the test shoes? (they aren't cut up or anything)

13. diadem

diadem Distinguished Member

Yes, you can keep the test shoes.

14. mcl911

mcl911 Senior Member

Even the test shoes is amazing

15. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Stylish Dinosaur

should get the test shoes in a different design so you dont have two of the same. haha