• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

MSchapiro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you for you information! It makes things so much easier to understand. If I decided to do aurum (is the size made to measure or just normal sizing?) how long will it take? How can I find the color of leather I want? I saw some very attractive museum leather from him.
I am gonna to send him an email this weekend.

It is standard sizing that can be modified for a small fee, so basically MTM.

If you send Antonio a picture of the leather he can make it however you like, including a museum effect. Check out his blog http://meccariello-calzoleria.tumblr.com/ for examples.

diadem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And can I do different style on test shoes which is in same last of course?

Only to a limited extent. I ordered an Aurum cap-toe adelaide with test shoes and I requested the test shoe be made as a wholecut to try and increase the variety in my shoe rotation, but he understandably wouldn't allow it. The purpose of the test shoes is to make sure the final pair fits as well as possible, so it basically has to be made in the same style (in my case, a cap-toe oxford). He did allow me to choose between broguing and no broguing, though, and he's making my test shoes as regular oxfords as opposed to adelaides which my final pair will be, so there's still some differences permitted. Also, you can probably go with a different color for your test shoes, although I opted not to and went with black for both the test shoes and the final pair.

Last edited:

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
coming soon from
m-werks

285r6.jpg

wholecut chelsea
black pebody boxcalf

1znc22u.jpg

side elastic oxford
dark brown alligator
throat scales at tip

striker

Reaction score
i had wanted to have the trial shoes made in a different style. I guess it's not possible.

Last edited:

striker

Reaction score
Except that modifications to last doesn't seem possible when buying the standard lines, unless my understanding is wrong.

C&A

Reaction score

Except that modifications to last doesn't seem possible when buying the standard lines, unless my understanding is wrong.  

he makes last modifications also for the standard line if that's needed based on measurements. there is a mark up for that though iirc.

MSchapiro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

C&A is correct.

You just lose access to the Aurum lasts on the standard line.

Honestly I don't consider that such a big deal. I am using my non Aurum last modified into the shape I want for my current Aurum project anyway. Antonio has a very good eye for lasts.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'm going to re-post these just because they are so damn beautiful. It was the pair that first made me notice Meccariello as a shoemaker. Still one of the most beautiful pairs I've seen from his workshop so far:

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm going to re-post these just because they are so damn beautiful. It was the pair that first made me notice Meccariello as a shoemaker. Still one of the most beautiful pairs I've seen from his workshop so far:

Turn that into an adelaide and you got me.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads