• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Emil S

Reaction score
hi guys, is there a reason why patine.pl's yanko offering seems to be much higher than skolyx? For a suede loafer, the former seems to be almost twice the price of the latter's at regular price.
Wich prices are you reffering to? Because usually its only a few $/€ differences?

learningdandy

Reaction score

Emil S

Reaction score

learningdandy

Reaction score
I think its 1199 zloty not 1999? Our price is ex vat since you are from Singapore, provably 1199 zloty is with vat so the prices with/without vat is about the same.

okay i think their site has some glitch because it's only at the check out page at which the price showed correctly. Thanks!

Can i ask what's the size difference between the 939 and 955 lasts for suede loafers? I got my 939 uk 6 through a local tailor and doesnt know which size to get for 955 and 915 lasts.

Emil S

Reaction score
okay i think their site has some glitch because it's only at the check out page at which the price showed correctly. Thanks!

Can i ask what's the size difference between the 939 and 955 lasts for suede loafers? I got my 939 uk 6 through a local tailor and doesnt know which size to get for 955 and 915 lasts.
955 is G-width and slightly wider than 915. Personally i have quite narrow feet so i choose same size in both since the length doesnt allow me to size down in 955. If you have wide feet some customers size down in 955 because of the width, but our general rekommendation is to go for the same size.

moimael

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to compare 915 and 955 last from yanko ? The 955 doesn't work for me because the heel is way too large (I don't event need a shoe horn to put them on and my feet are lifting all the way out when walking...), it also seems slightly too long and I get gap in the vamp area. Toebox width is fine though. Would I have the same problem with the 915 ?

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to compare 915 and 955 last from yanko ? The 955 doesn't work for me because the heel is way too large (I don't event need a shoe horn to put them on and my feet are lifting all the way out when walking...), it also seems slightly too long and I get gap in the vamp area. Toebox width is fine though. Would I have the same problem with the 915 ?

did you happen to read the previous post?
FWIW, I had to size down for the 955. I am a US 8.5D and UK 7.5 medium width (F in UK shoes, EE in Carmina for example) but had to size down to UK 7 in the Yanko 955 last as well as the 961 last. No experience with the 915, though.

moimael

Reaction score
did you happen to read the previous post?
FWIW, I had to size down for the 955. I am a US 8.5D and UK 7.5 medium width (F in UK shoes, EE in Carmina for example) but had to size down to UK 7 in the Yanko 955 last as well as the 961 last. No experience with the 915, though.
Yeah i did read it but what concerns me the most is the heel width and there is not much information about that. It just says that 955 is slightly wider. I'd need a much narrower heel for it to fit. The toebox is probably fine if slightly narrower.

Emil S

Reaction score
Yeah i did read it but what concerns me the most is the heel width and there is not much information about that. It just says that 955 is slightly wider. I'd need a much narrower heel for it to fit. The toebox is probably fine if slightly narrower.
I have several pairs in 915 and 2 loafers in 955, the main difference is the width in the middle of the shoe, the heel is also a little bit more wide on 955 but even if I have narrow feet and heels both shoes fit really well, but the 915 fits a bit better since its more wide over all I would say and that you can tighten the shoe a bit more since it has laces compared to the loafers without. Just let us know if you have further questions :)

learningdandy

Reaction score
I have just received my 955 loafers from skolyx. But i realised the nap is shorter than the other yanko loafer i have. Is this normal?

SchachMundialECapital

Reaction score
I have just received my 955 loafers from skolyx. But i realised the nap is shorter than the other yanko loafer i have. Is this normal?

Since each hide is unique, I wouldn't worry too much about nap length, but rather the texture of the suede. From my experience, Yanko's suede is truly top class.

SchachMundialECapital

Reaction score
Does it look/feel nice when you touch it? That's pretty much all you need. If you happen to have pictures, those might help. Other members can also chime in and see if there are any defects with your Yanko loafers.

learningdandy

Reaction score
Does it look/feel nice when you touch it? That's pretty much all you need. If you happen to have pictures, those might help. Other members can also chime in and see if there are any defects with your Yanko loafers.

I think it's not as smooth as I expected. it feels starkly different from my previous pair. But then again, I dk what to expect so i decided to let it slide. However, after a day of walking in the show, I realised a defect in the sole which could not have happen from just a day of being in lessons.

Can others tell me whether this will affect the construction? It looks minor now but I'm scared it will worsen. Since I wore it I cant really return to skolyx already :( looks like I'm stuck with a lemon haiz. Hopefully it doesnt worsen

shoe defect.JPG

AWu

Reaction score
Construction-wise it should be fine.. the suede looks not appealing tho

I think it's not as smooth as I expected. it feels starkly different from my previous pair. But then again, I dk what to expect so i decided to let it slide. However, after a day of walking in the show, I realised a defect in the sole which could not have happen from just a day of being in lessons.

Can others tell me whether this will affect the construction? It looks minor now but I'm scared it will worsen. Since I wore it I cant really return to skolyx already :( looks like I'm stuck with a lemon haiz. Hopefully it doesnt worsen

View attachment 1038736

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads