• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Must have been the fine photography. :)

I was also thinking maybe you should link all the pictures to the main page for the boot.

rostov

Reaction score
Here's a question...I found an awesome AE “Haight” boot at a closeout and it fits...but seems a hair wide. It's a Size 12, but under the 12 there is a 3 folllowed by what looks like a backwards “3”. is that meant to represent an “E”, as in Triple E width? Is that how AE indicates a wide width? They're holding the boots for me until tomorrow, so I just wanted to know if they just run wide or if this is indeed a wide sizing. If it is, I'll let 'em go.

Yes, it is, but that shoe runs narrow and most go up in width or length. If you normally wear 12D, then your best fit with that boot would be 12E or 12.5D... if it's truly only a hair wide and they're comfortable, don't worry about the printed size!

Indyoshi68

Reaction score
Burgundy Shell Dalton today

Ulsterman

Reaction score
Loafer Saga Continues:

After striking out fit wise with the Cavanaughs, I went to an AE store in person to find some loafers I could wear with chinos but also casually. I went ahead and got some Chili Randolph's which I'm looking forward to receiving, but I don't see myself wearing them casually after all.

Since the Cavanaughs won't fit me do you think the Patriot could work as a very casual loafer, chinos, barefoot,etc.

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quote:
The full strap Randolph is a more formal loafer. A half strap Patriot could be a good choice. They've done them in suedes which would be perfect for chinos and barefoot. Not sure if any are available now. But if you MTO'd one during a sale it'd be about the same price with only a leather change. Lighter colors would work for the casualness as well.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Loafer Saga Continues:

After striking out fit wise with the Cavanaughs, I went to an AE store in person to find some loafers I could wear with chinos but also casually. I went ahead and got some Chili Randolph's which I'm looking forward to receiving, but I don't see myself wearing them casually after all.

Since the Cavanaughs won't fit me do you think the Patriot could work as a very casual loafer, chinos, barefoot,etc.

I like the Addison it is in full time rotation in my summer shoe rotation...I am still pissed I passed on it on sale for like $100 bucks at the end of the year last year...should have got a backup

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
By the way all you guys are crushing the Dalton's....damn I have to dust mine off as we are just a week or so from wearing those bad boys...almost scored an oxblood pair but they were not in good shape.

tjyoung

Reaction score
Custom Neumoks came in, MSU came out ahead over Maryland today. Decided to be a little more creative since I have like a half dozen more typical spectators. They came with round white laces, but these seem better, match the texture on the shoe. Might swap to green as I wear them more and the tongue becomes less visible.

Oh man, my State buddies would kill for a pair like this. I emailed JVille to see if they could get me a pair like this that Dappered drew up a couple of years ago:

but unfortunately, they discontinued that color yellow (maize!) a couple of years ago. Seems I missed the boat on this one.

Indyoshi68

Reaction score
Dark Brown Shell Dundee 2nds (after Bick4 and Saphir Neutral Cordo Creme)

Next to Regular Brown Townley

New Kids Group Shot (Townley/Badlands/Dundee) sans flash

Glad I was able to get in on a Trunk Show Shell Boot

vmss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just received my new AE bleecker street bob chili from the clearance sale $220. I must say I am very impressed at the quality and design of this shoes especially for the $220 price deal.

I would never pay more than $500 for a Goodyear gemmed shoes, but in this price range, I must say this is a great value for your money. They fit and look perfect.

I don't understand why AE closed out this model. I must say is one of the best shoes AE made right.

I am very happy to receive the shoes in mint condition, as I don't live in the US. So to return the shoes would not be a great choice, if received in bad condition.

I must say this is a great well balanced shoe company.

Last edited:

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Indyoshi68 that is crazy how different the colors are...that dark brown is killer

Indyoshi68

Reaction score
Quote: I'm with you, @avsmusic1 - I love love love these boots. When I first got them, they were sooo stiff but since then (1 year) they've turned into BUTTER!!! I stare at them sometimes while rotating them in a sunny window! Love the colors; a single application of AE Burgundy Cord Creme on one (much lighter) tongue upon delivery and the rest was just VSC and brushing/buffing. Would love them in Navy or Bottle Green...
bounce2.gif

@Indyoshi68 that is crazy how different the colors are...that dark brown is killer
Thanks @Kahuna75 - the edge dressing was a little messy, so I'm thinking about having them sanded and redone. Colors are nuts IRL...especially when sitting next to the regular brown...some behind the scenes footage:

great elements...bellisimo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads