• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Quadcammer - is there a reason why you're so condescending and pretentious? I don't think I've read a single post of yours that wasn't either snarky or rude.

To add to discussion, I think having a multitude of brushes is a matter of personal choice and should not be considered "overkill" - some people like to be very meticulous when caring for their investments. I myself have two brushes, but I also only have two pairs of shoes. I do agree with you that two or three tops should be good, as similar shades should be fine with the same brush.

You know what some people might call overkill? 30+ pairs of shoes.

Cause I'm an asshole and I'm ok with it.

Having a $7 brush per color is overkill?  How about having 30+ pairs of shoes?  What do you call that?

No, you said a brush each time you purchase a pair of shoes. Are you new? 30 pairs of dress shoes is nothing around here.

donjuan17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just bit the bullet on my first pair of Cordovans! Got em' in Burgundy. Thanks for posting about the Patriots for $179 guys! That was a STEAL!!!

Shout-out to Noah at Shoe Bank for double checking for me and finding me a pair.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Edit: His name is Nate.

Last edited:

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ahhhhh, there was one in burgundy? Darn! I would have bought that instead of brown
ffffuuuu.gif

jjr4884

Reaction score
Cause I'm an asshole and I'm ok with it.
No, you said a brush each time you purchase a pair of shoes. Are you new? 30 pairs of dress shoes is nothing around here.

You most certainly are an asshole, but i'm ok with that as well. Correction, I have a brush per color. My "brown" brush covers brown, dark brown, and bourbon as well. My walnut brush covers obviously my walnut strands, and another lighter pair of chukkas i have. I have a burgundy brush, and then a black one. Works out perfect for me. The cordovan brushes are strictly for the hell of it. When I bought my first (and only) pair, i wanted everything brand new with it, brushes and all.

I"m glad i do it this way with a brush per color. If you ever used Saphir polish you'll know why. That polish STICKS... after one round of the navy polish on my black cap toes, the entire brush was navy blue and you can still feel that it is a tad bit tacky on the horsehair. That doesn't happen with my AE polish. If I ever used that brush on something else, forget it, everything would be navy.

Anyways, if 30 pairs of dress shoes isn't excessive, $50 worth of horsehair brushes isn't either. Its all relative to the company we are in. I figured you would have kinda put 2 and 2 together, maybe next time ;)

Benrus

Reaction score
Ordered a pair of tbe Boca Ratons and had a feeling they were seconds. I drove an hour and a half to the nearest store and they confirmed. The stitching on the back oth both shoes was off center and crooked. (I also didn't care for the 333 last ) I picked out a pair of Bourban strands and will arrive tomorrow.(excited) This was disappointing as my first ae purchase. They put to much emphasis on quality to send seconds. What do you think about the bourban strand as a first Brown dress shoe ?

billith

Reaction score
Just received my new Strand Brown Shell Cordovan's. They look, smell and feel fantastic. Size 10 EEE. Exact same fit as my Park Avenues.

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just placed an order for some AEs. I was still able to get 2 for $250 deal. Paid for a pair of "Mora" in brown in 8E and players suede in 8eee.
I do believe mora is quite rare and ae still makes them for ballandbuck -
http://ballandbuck.com/products/allen-edmonds-x-ball-and-buck-double-monk-strap
Ae keeps surprising me with their great customer services. Shoes are good for what I pay them. And they offer every shes in every possible sizes and widths(this is alone is huge and I don't see any other shoes maker who does this).

Last edited:

robbrechter

Reaction score

Just placed an order for some AEs. I was still able to get 2 for $250 deal. Paid for a pair of "Mora" in brown in 8E and players suede in 8eee.
I do believe mora is quite rare and ae still makes them for ballandbuck -
http://ballandbuck.com/products/allen-edmonds-x-ball-and-buck-double-monk-strap
Ae keeps surprising me with their great customer services. Shoes are good for what I pay them. And they offer every shes in every possible sizes and widths(this is alone is huge and I don't see any other shoes maker who does this).

They had Moras? The ease in which people are getting Moras is really making me regret buying Neumoras last year.

Last edited:

Hobbstc

Reaction score
Just discovered the North Platte. Wish they still made them! Anyone have some 11.5d or 11.5e or 12d they don't wear anymore?

donjuan17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just spoke to another gent who said the SA's didn't know about the Patriot Cordovans for $179 deal.
I called the shoe bank and spoke to what I assume is an older woman who didn't sound to thrilled about her job...

Anyways, If you wanted to take advantage of this your best bet would be speaking to Nate. He said they didn't have any left but called me back 5 min later saying he had found a few in Burgundy, Brown, and Black.

He's gone for the day but will be there tomorrow.

Best of luck gents.

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score

Just spoke to another gent who said the SA's didn't know about the Patriot Cordovans for $179 deal.

I called the shoe bank and spoke to what I assume is an older woman who didn't sound to thrilled about her job...

Anyways, If you wanted to take advantage of this your best bet would be speaking to Nate. He said they didn't have any left but called me back 5 min later saying he had found a few in Burgundy, Brown, and Black.

He's gone for the day but will be there tomorrow.

Best of luck gents.

I think I might have talked to this woman a couple of times. To be fair, she wasn't rude or anything, but your description seems spot on for some reason.

Anyway, I hesitated on the shell Patriots because I need another pair of shoes like I needed a hole in my head, and thought they are all gone from what I've read on this thread. But if there are still a few pairs left, maybe I'll be tempted enough to call about them tomorrow. I assume these are size 9D samples you're talking about?

robbrechter

Reaction score

I think I might have talked to this woman a couple of times. To be fair, she wasn't rude or anything, but your description seems spot on for some reason.

Anyway, I hesitated on the shell Patriots because I need another pair of shoes like I needed a hole in my head, and thought they are all gone from what I've read on this thread. But if there are still a few pairs left, maybe I'll be tempted enough to call about them tomorrow. I assume these are size 9D samples you're talking about?

As you mentioned, they only have a handful and they're all 9D. I double checked with Vincenzo over email. Such a great deal..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics